iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Holy Chalupas!!

Started by Tom, January 18, 2008, 11:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I put one of Gael's purple onions on my hamburger.  Chihuahua!  Mama Mia!  that sucker was hot!!

Coon

:D :D  Cowboy up Tom  :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Mooseherder

Was it hotter than a stolen tamale? :D
Or was it hotter than habanero hot? ;D

CHARLIE

Sounds like an onion sammich in the making!! 8)  Right now I could use something hot. It's colder than a witch's warbler out there.  I think it's -4° right now but the low is supposed to drop to -17°.  The high on Saturday is to be -5° with more double digit minus lows. :o  Sure could use some hot onyoun to warm me up!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Get some Horse Radish Snuff, Charlie.  You need something;  and stay inside too.  Four more degrees and you'll hit absolute zero.  I'm told that all molecular motion even stops when it gets that cold, even up there, and those yankees are used to it.  It's a phenomenon that is accomplished here at about 38°.  I've even seen dogs quit chasing each other and just stand there in the school yard, back to back for an hour or better, till they warm back up.

I think one indication up there is when the water gets hard.  Colors even quit reflecting and everything is white.   Stay inside.  :P

Coon

Nah we just take a nice thick slice of homemade bread with some of that onion and a nice big glob of that horseradish and chomp er on down and run outside in our longjohn's cuz someone turned the heat up too high... :D :D :D

Tom

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Tom on January 19, 2008, 12:11:28 AM

I think one indication up there is when the water gets hard.  Colors even quit reflecting and everything is white.   

Then it would be black as a closet nailed shut. :D It's white because all the colors are reflected. ;)

Then if that ain't enough, we go for a morning polar dip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiElGI8HF7E
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

Onion Sammich  MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

musteat_1 musteat_1 cone_1

Reina don't like me after I have an Onion Sammich   musteat_1 musteat_1 cone_1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Down here, they make yer hair hot, what little I got left  ::) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Coon

Well seeing as she don't like it when you eat onion sammiches have you tried garrlic sammiches instead?   :D

olyman

you gents jsut aint right--and i like a onion sammich---------

Coon

I gots two words for ya.   CABIN FEVER  :D :D

Trax

Nothing better on a onion sandwich than a big hunk a liverwurst.

Tom

You got one of the top mixes, Trax.  But, a cold slice of Hog's Head Cheese is mighty good too.

Coon

You just got me drooling Tom.  Been a long time since I had some of dat.  Need a splash of vinegar on it too though. musteat_1 sketti_1 digin_2

Engineer

Two slices of toasted homemade pumpernickel, a slab of provolone, sliced yellow onion, and some spicy hot mustard, that's a good sammich.  Adding some liverwurst, or some hot corned beef, only makes it better. 

sawguy21

Last night I was not paying particular attention, picked a slice of the sweet pickle plate and stuck it in my mouth. YIKES :o She never said anything about the jalepeno, talk about a wake up call. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

Sawguy1, you better watch that you don't start a fire when you breathe on something, now that you're spitting sparks.  Maybe you can warm it up around here instead....use it to light a fire under my @$$ to keep me warm around here.  Man I hate this -40 C  B.S. that we're getting.

Ahh yeah pumpernickle..... I like the Ukrainan bread called Babka better but pumpernickle will do in a pinch... ;D

WDH

I had chicken and dumplings tonight.  That will warm you up some.  With cornbread, it will warm you up a lot ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I had cornbread with molasses oozed over it with my beans for dinner.  ;D

Are dumplings biscuits or boiled/baked dough on top of the chicken?

I notice over in Maine they serve biscuits with meals in restaurants. All ya get locally is some dried up microwaved store made bun. :/ A decent biscuit only takes about 20 minutes to make and serve. A buttermilk biscuit is better than baking powder biscuit, but will do in a pinch. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

I am no expert at the making, only the eating.  They are rolled out dough cut into pieces.  The chicken is boiled whole, de-boned, and the dumpling are cooked in the broth with some other tasty stuff added in I think.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Sounds like biscuits we have on chicken and rice casseroles. Some good eating after traipsing through the bush.  ;D

Dave Shepard

I think this new food board might have something to do with me eating supper three or four times every night. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

need some cheese with those crackers?  :)

SwampDonkey

I piece of sour dough bread in that broth could be good to. Can't even get decent sourdough here neither.  :(

Thank You Sponsors!