iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Extreme Grits Video

Started by Mooseherder, March 21, 2009, 11:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

We had a nice surprise tonight when we arrived at the Indian River 4H Kids Cattle and Swine Auction.  There was a nice feller parked in front of the Arena selling his wares.  I'll apologize to the dial up members now for the video but it may be worth a trip to a friends house if you like Grits. :D  To the rest of the members I'll apologize for my Video skills. :D
Having lived exactly half my life in the South and the first half of it in the North, I have always tried to see both sides of the Grit issue and remained Grit neutral. ;D
Finally broke down and bought a bag. ;)
I Hope I like them. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnE8oigYGY

WDH

Oops!  You started something now  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Quote from: WDH on March 21, 2009, 11:24:01 PM
Oops!  You started something now  :).

Yeah,
He called my wife, my Assistant. :D
She was the one holding the green folder. ;D

Paul_H

That was interesting.
What were the 3 or 4 sorts we saw? There was the two piles on either side of the tub and the flaky stuff shooting off to the left.I couln't hear to well and I'm car sick from all the shakin going on :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mooseherder

The pile to the right was going for corn meal.  The stuff on the left of the same tub was the grits.  He said sometimes people mix them. ::)   The one to the left has getting thrown back into the hopper for some more Stone Grinding. ;D
He told me to get up there and get a frame of what was in the hopper.  I didn't stay on it very long. :D

Paul_H

I'm heading for the pantry right now and am going to cook some of the grits left from the care pack Tom sent me.Just salt pepper and butter!  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

That's the most fun a guy could have with grits for sure.  :) 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Hanny

Very neat - wish I had a reason to own something like that mill.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. 
-- Buddha

CHARLIE

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....Grits.....makes my mouth water.  Mooseherder, be sure to cook those kind of grits a lot longer. They are called "Old Fashioned" Grits and take longer to cook but they are really tasty.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!