iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mini skidder?

Started by nas, May 23, 2009, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

I was helping an old retired guy today and he had to show me his tractor.  The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it looked like a mini skidder.  It is a 28hp lombardini diesel with a 3ph and pto and 4wd.

And the chicks will dig it cause hey "its a Ferrari"

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

wi woodcutter

That looks pretty neat! :)

Maybe a winch on the back and blade on the front that would be a nice machine!

Being a Ferrari you could probably skid a lot of logs in a hurry. :D
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

mad dog

Looks a little like my pasqualli,Does it articulate?
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

nas

Yes it does articulate.
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Dom

That's awesome! I've been looking for one locally without luck.
John Deere now has a articulating 4wd, and its made by Lombardini. Its model number 20A, and comes with a 21HP diesel.

Antonio Carrero also makes 4wd articulating tractors that would make cool skidders in my opinion.
Steiner and Ventrac are other small articulating tractors, but don't have PTO :( . All attachments are belt drive.

Coon

Well.... I am in the process of building a small tracked version of a mini skidder.  Progress is slow due to a 10 on 5 off work schedule.  Just got home tonight with more parts for it.  Will post some pics in a day or so.  Also working on a grapple log trailer to accomodate the skidder to be able to be used as a forwarder.  Keep in mind that I am amainly working with recycled parts.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

John Woodworth

What a neat tractor, where they purpose built for a certain type of farming?
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

nas

The owner used it in a greenhouse cut flower operation.  It is nice for that because it articulates and can turn on a dime.

2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

shinnlinger

My neighbor has a Lamborghini CUT.  26 horse or so.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

bwall7116

There is one of those in our town.  They run it through the 4th of July parade every year because everyone thinks its so cool.

maple flats

I tried a Pasquali that looked similar to that in the late 70's. It turned out to be too small but being articulated it was fun to drive. At the time I was told they were made for vinyards on steep hillsides.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!