iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barns and sheds

Started by cutterboy, June 13, 2011, 07:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutterboy

Hi all. A forum friend asked me about one of my barns and that gave me the idea for this thread.

I have three barns I'll show you in pictures.

If you have a barn or shed or any kind of out building especially if you built it yourself, let us see it or them. I'd love to see pictures. You can post them here if you want.

This first picture is of my oldest barn and attached shed. It was built in 1823 and is hand hewn post and beam construction. My father resided it 35 years ago and took out the windows.

A view of the inside

This picture shows you the marks left on a beam from the tool they used to hewn it.

In this picture you can see the wooden pegs used to attach the beams to the post.

This next picture shows the long low barn that was built in the 1920s as a dairy barn to house cows. It is 180 feet long and 32 feet wide and has a cement floor. My dad sided this barn too and took out the windows.

A view inside

This next picture shows my third barn which is an ugly old girl but dry inside. It is 100 feet long and 20 feet wide and I air dry my lumber in there.

A view inside

So, there are my barns. Let me see your's.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Holmes

All I have is barn envy :)......Holmes
Think like a farmer.

ARKANSAWYER

Those are nice barns.  What your pa got agin windows?

Here is one I sawed and built for a customer.  It is 48 ft wide and 84 ft long.  Main bay is 24 ft wide.  The post are 10x10 and 8x8 octagon erc.

This is a cross view.

This is a old barn built in 1938 when I got there.

This is the barn after I got to work.

This is what the barn looked like when I left.

ARKANSAWYER

cutterboy

Nice job Arky! Both those barns are really nice.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

ARKANSAWYER

Yea, but they are someone else's.
ARKANSAWYER

bandmiller2

Ralph,I see what you mean about roofs you must have an acre of roof to maintain.Thanks for the photos, new england winters can be hard on old barns,last winter we lost quite a few.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!