iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blood pressure

Started by jim king, September 27, 2011, 05:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Some time ago I made a post about my wildly fluctuating blood pressure.  A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a friend who had the similar problem.  He stopped drinking coffee a couple of years ago and now is still on medicine but has normal pressure and stable.

All my adult life I have had 10 or 12 cups before noon and no problem until the last few months.  I stopped all coffee a couple of weeks ago when I hit 214 / 116.  Within two days I was down to the 140 / 90 area and have had times even to under 120 / 80.

It seems as if the coffee and coca cola was the problem but now I just have NO energy and sleep like a baby 10 hours.

Anyone have experience with this ?  Does the energy level come back  ??

doctorb

I wish I could sleep for 10 hours. :).  Otherwise, avoiding the stimulants in both coffee and coca cola seems like a good idea for you and your BP
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

Wow, sure was a lot of coffee. I usually get 2 or 3 cups through me and often the third cup is only partially consumed. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

:o  If I drank 10-12 cups of coffee before noon, I would spend half of my time looking for my  zipper.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

It seems to me that ANY product in extreme is not good. 10-12 cups of coffee is extreme, 12 pack of cola is extreme, 2 packs of cigarettes is extreme, even stuff that is good for you if taken in extreme is not good. You don't want to eat 12 bananas a day for example, or 6 grapefruits a day. Everything in moderation, as they say!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

doctorb

Listen to Doctor Patty.  Best advice on earth.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Texas Ranger

Doc, DanGed if you don't have some Texas blood in ya, being so practical. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Jim, if you make it to MI to the pig roast nest August, we'll straighten you out. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

Quote from: doctorb on September 28, 2011, 10:20:02 AM
Listen to Doctor Patty.  Best advice on earth.

Smart man that Doc!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

jim king

QuoteIf I drank 10-12 cups of coffee before noon, I would spend half of my time looking for my  zipper. 

I resemble that statement.

SwampDonkey:  If we make it to the pig roast as we plan to do I will stick to things other than coffee.

Thank You Sponsors!