iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey every body....

Started by Joanie, August 10, 2012, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanie

I'm Joanie, I love to run my 1991 Wood Mizer lt40hd. I have a debarker on it, 24 hp Onan. Right now I'm sawing popular and pine, for wall paneling and trim, in a log home we are building. I'm in college also getting my degree in architecture drafting, 1 more semester to go!! I have been lurking for a while, the advice on here has been so helpful.
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

sprucebunny

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Joanie !

Have you had the mill since new ? Did you cut the logs too ???

Joan
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Joanie !
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Welcome, Joanie, to the forum.  Glad to have ya.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome, Joanie!  Always good to have another Georgian on the Forum. 8) 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

bugdust

Hey Joanie, welcome aboard. Study hard and maybe you can lend us some advise to us about throwing boards together.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Stephen1

Great to have you hear Joanie...enjoy, always nice to see the different profesions..
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Joanie

Quote from: sprucebunny on August 10, 2012, 05:27:07 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Joanie !

Have you had the mill since new ? Did you cut the logs too ???

Joan
Bought it used about 5 years ago. The guy I contract work for saw em down, then I stage with my bob cat 873.
Thanks every one for the warm welcome. I've had people call me wanting their log sawn , and ask to speak to the owner of the mill, when I say thats me, they kind of freek out. Daddy all ways taught us girls to be self suffeshent.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

slider

welcome joanie  from al and vick in south georgia.  that skid steer is too handy.

al glenn

woodmills1

yeah but ,  try this

welcome to the forum

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Joanie

Quote from: woodmills1 on August 10, 2012, 07:12:32 PM
yeah but ,  try this

welcome to the forum

I run a case CX160 quite often. ;D

Bill Gaiche

Welcome Joanie. You will like being a part of the FF. Most of these guys dont have anything on you,so hang in there. bg

Slabs

Joanie you actually have a MILL on some of us.

Welcome to the Forum.  We love our Gals too.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

dblair

Welcome Joanie , enjoy the forum
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A Lady and her Woodmizer!

Now this is too COOL!  smiley_thumbsup

Welcome Joanie.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Welcome Joanie,do you sharpen your bands or send them out.?Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

Welcome to the Forum, Joanie!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Glad to have you on FF Joanie!   8)

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

b dukes

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Joanie! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ohio_Bill

Welcome Joanie, I know about those self sufficient daughters. This is my daughter and the chain saw she got from winning the speed saw contest at the Paul Bunyan forestry show in Ohio .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Joanie on August 10, 2012, 05:05:30 PM
I'm in college also getting my degree in architecture drafting, 1 more semester to go!!

Cool Beans! It's nice to work with architects who have hands on experience. What sort of work are you looking to get into? Residential, commercial?

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum Joanie  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

Thanks for the introduction Joanie, and again, Welcome.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Welcome to the forum Joanie, can't wait to see what you can share here also.

Thank You Sponsors!