iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Batteries

Started by Magicman, October 26, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

36 coupe

TSC sells some poor AA batteries ,label says Jobsmart.Put 4 in a devise,2 will drop to .4 volts in a short time.The other pair will read 1.5 volt.

Magicman

I just bought some Everyready "Bunny" batteries that has; "Powerseal which protects your devices" printed on the side.  If that means what it says, maybe they are making a much needed improvement.  Hope so.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gary_C

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 27, 2014, 04:20:56 PM
say_what What kind of batteries do they put in pacemakers?

I sure hope they are dry cell. Those wet cells could sure cause heart burn.  ;D

In the last year I've started losing flashlights to ruptured batteries. I use mostly Rayovac and they just sent me a check for a 3-cell Mag Lite led flashlight that I couldn't get the batteries out. The battery manufacturers must be doing something different.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Larry

I got tired of paying premium prices for not so premium batteries.  Switched to Harbor Freight or Sams Club  batteries three years ago and as of yet, no leakers.  I do use them hard and they can changed out often.  Camera goes through 4 to 8 a month.  I fish at night a lot and Mag-Lites also are changed often.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Clark

I switched to higher quality rechargeable batteries about a year ago and have been very satisfied with them. The problem is that only AA and AAA rechargeable batteries are readily available. I've used the "Eneloop" brand which claims to hold their charge for 2 years when not being used and they have a life expectancy of 1500 charges...if my memory serves me well. I also upgraded my charger to one that tells me how much charge each battery is getting at how many volts which allows me to find the not-so-healthy batteries and take them out of service.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Woodcutter_Mo

I generally have best luck with the Duracell's. I have had all 3 of the main brands leak. I lost a 3 cell AA led mag-lite to leakage, though it was my fault. I ran out of AA Duracell's for my 2 cell mag and put some cheapo Sunbeam batteries in it for now, time will tell.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

beenthere

Knock on wood, but I haven't had a RayoVac Alkaline leak in more years than I can remember. And don't recall if it was a RayOVac but think they replaced the old flashlight  when it happened. Would guess it was at least 40 years ago..
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!