The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Another Hurricane for FL  (Read 8374 times)

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
Re: Another Hurricane for FL
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2004, 12:14:06 PM »
Hmmm.  Can't explain that. ???

Maybe the Customs folks was afraid they were kin to the Murphys I know down here. ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline DonE911

• givme a minute, I'll think of something
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »
ISP has been down...

FDH   glad you made it through ok.  Don't you just love being at the edge of the eye wall on htese hurricanes....  did you see any eye at all??  We had just a really short eye in the norther part of St Lucie.  Same situation as you with everything being backed up...  
There was a truck sitting at I95 and indrio selling 30lb felt right off the flatbed trailer (semi trailer)  not sure what they were getting for it.....  sold the entire truck off before the authorities could get there to check the license issues. :P

Charlie.....  if you want to IM me your kin's name and address I'll go by there on my next day off to make sure the debris is clear of the driveway and house...  can't promise a complete cleanup though...  next day off is sunday.  

FPL says all power will be up in three weeks.... they already have 50 percent up and running, but if you live off the beaten path it'll still be a while.   I went ahead and spent 4 grand and got a generator big enough to run most of the "temp" house but the gas aint cheap either. >:(

Looks like we will be moving out of Hurricane country fairly soon.  My wife already has a contract on a house in northern GA....  guess she's serious about it this year.  She wasn't here for francis but stayed for jeanne.....  it was the first ( and last if she can help it) hurricane of any size she has been through.

Offline Fla._Deadheader

• Senior Member x2
  • Linda Vista, Costa Rica
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2004, 05:11:29 PM »
DonE, we never got to see any eye. We just get the full blast until the whole DanG storm passes.  ::) ::)

Can't seem to get the battery back-up to take a charge. I will try to keep in touch, until we get full power back on. Every morning the DSL won't lock on. Must be a lot of moisture in the phone line. By 5 PM, it locks on fairlt steady ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Offline DonE911

• givme a minute, I'll think of something
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2004, 05:54:41 PM »
FDH.... I thought you might be a little to far north to get any eye... thats what francis did to us. You back to moving debris yet or just working on the roof?

I finally got to see my insurance adjustizer yesterday... he says "this is a total, but don't do anything yet because the company will probably send someone out in a few weeks for a second opinion"   >:(      I called the Insurance Company today and gave them an earful...  seems they compromised... I can clean up anything that's on the ground or in no way nailed to the house.  That leaves 3 walls for them to come look at later if they feel like it....   ;D     no settlement for about 3 weeks...  I should have told them " no payment for 3 weeks " that'll even things up on my behalf. ::)

Offline Fla._Deadheader

• Senior Member x2
  • Linda Vista, Costa Rica
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2004, 06:10:48 AM »
  Still waitin to be paid for the first round of hauling. ::) ::)

I work cheap, but, NOT for free. ;) ;) ;D ;D

Just ran a few pieces of 30# felt over the leaky areas. Waiting for the Insurance Check to see how much I gotta kick in to fix my "insured" roof.   >:(

Wife is talking about moving.

Cant get her to even THINK about Costa Rica. Know she would like it, but,  ??? ???  And DanG calls ME hard-headed ;D ;D :D :D

Sure wood be nice to see some sparks flyin outta the wall outlets  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hurricane

Started by timberfaller390 on General Board

5 Replies
Last post August 23, 2008, 11:34:48 PM
by BillG
xx
Hurricane Ida

Started by Magicman on General Board

72 Replies
Last post September 12, 2021, 06:24:09 PM
by 2 Jugs