iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Shirt

Started by Magicman, November 25, 2015, 07:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I will be wearing a Red Shirt today in memory of our Friend Tom.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

I never had the opportunity to meet him but I can tell he made a lasting impression on all who did. I hope we all can touch others lives the same way!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sprucebunny

Forgot my red shirt but did spend a few extra minutes with my pet ( indoor) SYP thinking about Tom :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

I didn't have my red shirt with me, but I had my beloved Red Hat with me and thought about Tom many times today.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Banjo picker

In honor of Tom was the reason I was wearing a red shirt down at Willies on Friday.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WH_Conley

Bill

fishpharmer

Sure wish he was here to celebrate. :'(. I am sitting here shelling pecans, thinking about all the conversations we had about that.  His memories are good.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

I noticed it was his birthday today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

I wore a red shirt all day, not planned but I am glad I did. I always enjoyed Tom's posts.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Quote from: Banjo picker on November 25, 2015, 05:50:38 PMIn honor of Tom was the reason I was wearing a red shirt down at Willies on Friday.  Banjo
I never said anything Tim, but when I saw you with the Red Shirt on, I immediately thought of Tom.  When the pictures showed up, that was my thought again. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I wore one for part of yesterday, and I am wearing one now. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I see that today is a Red Shirt Day in Memory of our FF Friend Tom.

Tom was a Friend that I talked on the phone with several times but never actually met.  He bailed me out several times during my very early "computer" years.  His knowledge, patience, and determination were unparalleled.   

Banjo picker

I still have his emails saved.  He helped me learn how to sharpen my blades.  He had a desire to help others that is matched by very few.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pineywoods

Never met Tom personally, but I've always felt like I knew him.  He was  a very accomplished sawyer, knowledgeable business man, and an awesome  talent as a writer. A wicked sense of humor. I read all his stories on his web site. Possum sandwich and fishing in the parking lot...classics
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

I had a red shirt on yesterday and even ran my mill. Tom always had my back here as well as being my confidante and friend. If he were still here he would let us know how proud he is of all of us.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!