iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

beams

Started by slider, December 04, 2015, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I am looking for opinions on some large beams that J Miller and I are acquiring from and old fertilizer warehouse.
We will be using just the wood that is above where the material was stored.
No pesticides were stored in this building.
I would think this wood would be safe to use for building with.
These beams are large and long and too good to go in a landfill somewhere.
Any suggestions on marketing these 10x14 x45 beams are welcome.
We have the ability to remove them transport them and store them.
There is quiet a bit of labor and transportation in this project so we wanted to be sure they are safe before starting.I think we are good.
al glenn

drobertson

It seems that the wood species would dictate a lot,, woodplanet has listings for request from buyers,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

slider

al glenn

red

Pine thats like Bubba just saying Shrimp
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

slider

al glenn

drobertson

I get request for quotes quite often for beams of all sorts, heartpine, white oak, just the whole gammet, I just don't have access to any, I would try searching the woodplanet listings.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red

These are reclaimed timbers
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Outer Rondacker

Are they 10"x14"x45' ? or 45" How many you have?

slider

They are 45 ft now.We may have to cut them back to 40.
will know more when we do the job but i'm thinking 2 or three semi loads.
We will start in a couple of weeks.
al glenn

drobertson

You mentioned you can store them, so that's what I would do, if you can, not sure how much you will have invested, but quite sure something will turn up,, sounds like a moderately rare find.

Outer Rondacker

What ya want for um????????????

slider

Don't know yet.We need to get them home and go through them first to see what we have.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!