iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Keep making the hypochondriacs look stupid Ed.  Glad you are still here kickin ash. 
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

I'm glad your feeling better Sir
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

Thanks guys. Had problems with ordering some meds tuesday here's hoping I don't lose the people at the cancer cntr pithed off two rn's and maybe my Dr. but when they don't do their job someone got to hold them to account  >:( ;D.

Still having problems with med shipments now the va is involved and it's even worse, but I'll get them straightened out.

On another note with this covid 19 virus I have had 3 shots so far the 3rd being a booster, no problems with sore arms or anything else. But with this virus I stay pretty close to home only going out to cancer ctr. and maybe parts store if Rita can't do it.

I'm one a new treatment which seems to be working, we'll see. altho I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Ed K

mike_belben

howve you been holdin up ed?
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

Things have changed a little, Tue. I'm going for an MRI as I've got a problem with my back. I can't turn my head to the sides and 5,6 days ago my shoulders started hurting bad. I talked to the nurse at the cancer hospital about it and she got concerned that I might have a vertebra collapsing. I've been telling them my head was falling off, but they just don't listen  ;D. The pain is like a 12 on the 1-10 scale 
Ed K

mike_belben

I know the feeling.  I was born with a fushion right there in c1/c2 and it hurts a lot.  Hopefully its just a vertebrae out of place on you.  When mine is out i cant look to the right so i twist lie frankenstein.

The muscle pain is from lactic acid in the muscles that are tensioned full time to shore up the spine's shortcoming and stabilize the structure.  It gets a sort of memory that wont relax.  

Try putting 2 tennis balls tied in a sock.  Lay that at the top stair and lay on the upper level floor. Put your neck on the tennis balls with your spine in between so your head can flop back down toward the first step. With each deep exhale your head should tip a little further down.  Takes about 2 minutes to get the full value.  Golf balls will work faster but hurt more.  I made my neck thingy out of wood.  its a good pain. but youve gotta endure the first 30 seconds or so before you feel the tension start to melt. 

Anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers will help if you can take them. Cervical traction and manipulation by a good D.O. are also huge relief if the scans show its just vertebrae out of place.   I can pop my own now once relaxed enough but it wont usually work until the muscle tension is addressed.  The pop feels wonderful and then usually a few more days of muscle tension set in after.  

A foam roll is another thing i cant do without. Hope you find relief soon buddy.  Pain sucks.

Praise The Lord

Ed_K

I could use a prayer bout now, just found out I have a tumor on the back of my neck pushing on the siatic nerve. Rita's taking me to the er now. hope I can get back to y'all in a little bit.
Ed K

mike_belben

well now i really wish it was just a vertebrae ed.  

make sure you get back soon buddy, we will be rootin for ya 
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

Praying for it to be of little problem Ed. Hang in there fella
A1

Ron Scott

Prayers sent! Hoping for successful treatment soon.
~Ron

beenthere

In my prayers, and also pray that you don't find the ER plugged with non-vax positives. That is apparently happening...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I'm a thinking of you.    ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Ed, My Prayer is for Comfort and Healing Grace.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Prayers for you Ed. Hang in there buddy! 

hacknchop

Your in our thoughts Ed keep fighting.
Often wrong never indoubt

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

Prayers for you Ed. You are one tough dude!
Too many irons in the fire

samandothers

Prayers for healing and good news.

newoodguy78

Ed you've proved plenty of times you're tougher than woodpecker lips, wishing you the best and prayers sent. 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Ed_K

I kinda lucked out tumor is 3/8 long an 1/8 high on my 2nd thorax (close to neck) and a small crack on the 1st neck bone just above the tumor. I have to go thru 5 radiation treatments with the first one done. They shoot the beam up thru the table from 3 different angles to hit the tumor to hopefully shrink it away from the nerve that runs all the functions from the neck down. If it pinched it off I would of been paralized all the way down.

THANKS everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

I thought I was done. The worse part of this is they left me hanging for 26 hrs laying in a hospital bed before coming and telling us what they found in 2 MRIs and a c-t scan. Rita is still ripped about this. I'm off again this morning for #2 weekend off and #3 on Monday then off till the next Monday. Spacing out to watch what happens and how the treatment affects my swallowing.

Thanks again.

New news where I missed the dimensions of the tumor. It was 17mm x 47mm. But after 5 rounds of radiation it's been made smaller and the cancer inside should be all killed. Least that was what they told Rita an I.
Ed K

HemlockKing

I'm so happy to hear it's not looking it's going to be a major problem, keep us updated! 

Merry Christmas 🎄 
A1

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Your absence had me a little worried ed.  You guys hang in there. Was it the VA in leeds?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!