iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mills in NC

Started by Donald_J, December 29, 2002, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald_J

Hi guys, new here and have a question. I live around the Greensboro, NC area, and need to find a saw mill in this area to mill a few logs. Have 3 cedar logs 6' long and about 10-12" across. Any help would be appreciated. I can haul the logs to the mill .

Donald

Don P

Hi Donald,
If you don't find one closer I'm about 2-2.5 hours away, I'm just west of Galax...up 52/89/77 from Winston-Salem, then west on 58 about 45 minutes till the road gets dim.  I'm running up and down 77, 21 and 18 regularly to Shelby if you go out that way, would be happy to meet somewhere too. My mill is a circle so a bit higher waste. Pulled it out of the barn and set up the planer this morning. If you can find more I'm real interested...we have no cedar here in the county (apple orchards) it carries cedar- apple rust. Would love to get enough to do up a closet or 2.
George Brown (I think) used to be a cedar mill on the High Point road down that way.

Don P

Whoops, guess I piled on to quick :-X :-[ Didn't mean to shut you other guys down.
Here's a cut and paste from one of Tom's posts on how to find a Wood-Mizer in your area.
QuoteYou notice the Woodmizer logo on the sawmill topic?  They are sponsors of the site. If you click on that logo, it will take you to their web page.  There is an 800 number on there somewhere that goes to sales.  
I went and found it for you;  
 [Toll Free in U.S. • 1.800.553.0182]  

If you will call that number,  they will be glad to give you a list of numbers of Woodmizer owners in your area.  Heck, some of them might even be members here.  Ya never know.  

Hopefully Sawmill John will check his registry for you too ;)

Jeff

My question is: Is there a North Carolina in the Ukraine? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DouginUtah

I suppose this would be a good place to introduce (promote  :)) my "sawyer locator" web page.

Unfortunately, I only have one sawyer listed for NC, SW of Greensboro.

I invite anyone who wants to be listed to send me your information. Click on the links in the second row for help. Most of the sawyers listed have been added through my participation at WoodWeb. I have had NO complaints of telemarketers or spammers from anyone who is on this list.

On rec.woodworking there is always someone wanting to know where to buy rough lumber. Spend 30 seconds to get on the list and you might make a sale.

This is a non-commercial, personal, free web page.

//www.xmission.com/~sherwin/statesawyer1.htm

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Thank You Sponsors!