iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Info on 1986 deere 540d grapple skidders

Started by logman81, March 05, 2014, 07:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Lol! No the reason for the up grade is the fact that I just got a huge tree length firewood order , a permanent buyer for the firewood logs 2500 cords a year is what he sells. He wants me to be his supplier for it. I'm just sick of pulling cable through the brush and two feet of snow. It isn't making things productive. Plus this guy wants little $ for this skidder why not up grade! Given that it's in good shape and works good. Plus I'm getting sick of the detroits!
Precision Firewood & Logging

BargeMonkey

Thats a good pile of wood, yeah you maybe better off. I recently bought a grapple and cant wait to see the difference. Just watch putting all your eggs in one basket, I see alot of used processors with 500hrs because guys run into trouble.

brendonv

I harvest firewood with a 548g.  Has grapple and winch.  I cant imagine doing firewood with a cable.  I can grab down to about 4", bunch about ten of them and down to the landing. :D
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

Yes it would be a lot easier with a grapple . I cut both logs and firewood and it would be nice to have a grapple to sort them out.

Farmer Todd

How did that 540 look ?  I like the looks of your jack and might be in the market for one. 

logman81

I haven't had a chance to go look at it yet I've been flat out pulling tops out to fill firewood orders.

Thank You Sponsors!