iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It ain't possum hunting.........

Started by Woodwalker, April 24, 2011, 10:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Texas Ranger

Growing up we hunted rats under slabs and in the barn.  Got pretty good with a rifle, but were forbidden to shoot at night, we pushed daylight hours a lot.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

I sent this onto my Son who is at war with citrus rats right now. We have big problems with them if people don't clean the citrus trees of fruit when they should.
He has NV capibilites and a BB gun. Hmmm could be a new Father Son event! ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

.22 with rat shot, head shots on a moving rat are tough.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

If it was up to me we'd use a 30-06 or 12 ga but we are deep in the most densly populated county in Florida so even a BB gun is frowned on. He has shot 12 so far with the crossman but has to spot them with a light.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

treefarmer87

i used to shoot field rats and voles in the hay field and in the swamps around the farm. my dogs would chase them and i would shoot them with my henry lever 22 with shot, or my sheridan airgun.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

SPIKER

I spent an hour watching them videos :D   The sure seems to have a steady hand on that gun.   back in the day we (as kids) went to the local farm equity to shoot rats in the corn bins.  the place was  overrun with them bout like the video running all around.   We had pretty good BB guns but nothing like the shots on the video.   really fun for juvenile delinquents like my brother and I ;)

I just bought a Rugar 1000 FPS break open bbl .177 cal to eliminate black birds/starlings that are crapping up the barn & all my equipment & tearing out the insulation from the house.  it took about 15 shots to get it sited in at 35 yards or so. pretty long shot.   so first bird shot was a flying rat that came out of the insulation and flew right by my head & landed out about 70 paces in the yard.   I thought what the heck fired off a round & nailed it :D 8)  (promptly missed the next 5 shots lol...)  walked back from barn to the house & a big black bird landed in the tree & crapped right on the hood of the truck.   dropped him at 50 feet or so dead before it hit the ground.   Missed hitting the hood by about 6 ~12" after bouncing off a branch or two.
Our local gun store (fin, Feather & Furr) sale priced 99 bucks :o but made me smile from day one...   It has already scared a LOT of starlings to point I cant get within 100yards.  guess I have to up the anti with better ammo & re-sight the 9x32 scope that came with it...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

sandhills

I have a few neighbors that still pick ear corn and store it in cribs, the rats love that.  So one of them put out a few old push lawn mowers around one of the cribs we were shelling corn from and started them up, sure enough you get to the bottom of the crib and the rats start running out and look for the first thing to hide under  ;D.  Wouldn't want to be on blade sharpening duty the next day.

Thank You Sponsors!