iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A bit of gardening

Started by Ianab, June 09, 2007, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Whats the difference between a tree and weed?.. Location, location, location!!

Friend asked me to take out this little self seeded Bluegum Eucalyptus from her back garden, before it got too big and became a crane job. Thats the neighbours house in the shot, it's not the sort of tree you need growing beside your front door.

It's already muscling up to the fence and starting to push that over.

A couple of minutes and it's down.

The Dolmar has a 28" bar, but counted the growth rings - 10  :o. It's only a sapling really  :D

I did slice up a couple of pieces freehand, wasn't worth hauling the mill out for a baby log  ;) Rest of it got got chunked up for firewood, at least it's good for that.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Qweaver

If that's what you call a sapling, I guess that I ned to re-name my cabin thread to "Building a Cabin in The Mountains Out of Saplings"  :D
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

leweee

:D So Ian does that make the Dolmar a weed wacker. :D
     Must be excellent soil & climate to get 10yr. old saplings weeds that size. ;D
     Thanks for sharing.....anymore gardening tips? :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

WDH

Now, she can plant tomatoes :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Not everything grows that fast. This is a small rimu tree that I remember planting when I lived there, about 20 years ago. It's got to about 15 ft and 6" at the base. Cant rush things with rimu. They are NZs premium timber tree, but it's a long term project to grow them commercially. Think 200 year crop rotation, although the tree can live 400-800 years.

Beside it is a kowhai, planted the same time. They dont grow as big and are a popular garden tree. Bright yellow flowers and very popular with the native birds. While we were cleaning up a native pigeon arrived. No flowers this time of year so it just sat up there eating the leaves like a cow grazing  :)

Anyway with that weed gone it will give these trees some space  ;D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!