iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suet Pudding

Started by Raider, December 16, 2007, 06:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider

Had a job to do for the local fire dept, no not milling, had to be the Old Guy in the red suit "Ho-Ho". Came in on the Fire Truck, lights,and all the noise. That puts anyone in Christmas mood 8) 8). After about hour came home and the Mrs. had a steamer on the stove with suet pudding on. Brown cake like with spices, nutmeats, raisins, dates, then you drown it in a white sauce, vanilla,milk,and sugar. That will jog your brain of days and family past.  Raider

sawguy21

I remember something very similar at Christmas. Oh that pudding was good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

Isn't suet, beef or sheep fat?    And you fellows think we eat strange stuff.  :D

Raider

Tom the original calls for beef suet, but the wife uses Crisco now. Part of the past is the smell of spices, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice,nuts ,dates and raisins. Fills the whole house 8) 8). She makes Sandbakkles and Braetzeli also! This is good for slowing down the blood flow :D :D But they make pills for thinning yer blood ;D  Happy Holidays   Raider

miley

Hi Raider  your suet pudding takes me back 60-70 years ago to northern
England my mother made that steamed pudding exactly as you described it
that was one traditional dish in that region always made the same way,
must have gone over to the states on the 'Mayflower' thanks for the memory   

Raider

You might be right about the Mayflower! It has been handed down thru the family from my Dad's Mom's family that goes back to the Hopkin's from New England area, and John Hopkin's family maybe, but it sure is good if any one would like I could post recipe :)  Raider

dail_h

"If anyone would like ,I could post the receip"
   You needed to ask? sure we want it
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!