iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum saves me again!

Started by moandrich, May 29, 2012, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

I was at my friends house that I bought the mill with, we were on our third log tonight. When we flipped it there was very wavy cuts.  Dan started to check all the guides and the deck, I just walked away and went straight for the box of resharpened blades.  Came back down with it and he said "why do you have a new blade?".  I told him I have read at least 15 post over the past year about bad cutting on WM's and everyone with experience says the same thing, CHANGE THE BLADE!!  He thought I was crazy but we changed it anyways.  Went about 1 foot into the log and he said, "that did it".  Cut great after that.  Thanx to everyone here that helps us newbie, wannabes out.

Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

cfish

cfish here I wanted to add my 2cents worth and say thank to all who helped me also. I ended up taking blades to saw shop he spent a whole day tuning it up and replaced all the teeth, all wore out,. Saw works great now. thanks again.
                      Cfish

hackberry jake

I've asked my share of dumb questions and got my fair share of experienced answers as well, thanks members and moderators of the ff for having enough patience for me.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

John Mc

So I assume you guys are also showing your appreciation by clicking on the "donate to Forestry Forum" link on the lower left of the page...
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

RynSmith

Love that gentle nudge John.  ;D  :D

Which reminds me, I'm overdue on my spring-time click...

moandrich

woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Thank You Sponsors!