iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pecan is Not all Bad

Started by Magicman, September 17, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My Daughter wanted/needed a wall clock and I had some "wormy" Pecan.

This is kinda like a "schoolhouse" clock design.  Look closely and you can see the black worm holes in the Pecan.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Nice work on the clock!  I have seen allot of the pin holes in hickory, and it makes nice lumber for about any use,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

Pretty cool Magic. ;D 8) 8) 8) :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

samandothers

Very nice clock!  I am sure your daughter will be thrilled you took the 'time' to make it!

LeeB

Hrrmph, That would be ambrosia pecan sir. Please!!!
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on September 17, 2013, 08:44:26 PM
Hrrmph, That would be ambrosia pecan sir. Please!!! 
And you sir would be very correct.  smiley_thumbsup  Thank You !!!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

At least the nuts are tasty  :D.

Nice clock, MM. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Guess if I had made a video you could see the pendulum swing.   ;D

LeeB

I've got somewhere around 4000BF of it if the ppb's haven't eaten all of it. Makes a nice overnight case too as well as clocks.

Some spalting  in it as well.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Pecan without knots works very well.  I have built a complete bedroom suit and several other furniture items as well as many clocks, and then there was that one Grandfather Clock.  He decided who was boss and proved it.  I did have the last say so and pitched it in the fire.  :-\ Roasted marshmallows.  ;D 

grweldon

Beautiful clock Magicman and that is a beautiful trunk Lee...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Lud

Ditto from me.  Hardwoods make durable stuff!  Spalting and worm holes increase the character too! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Magicman on September 17, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

This is kinda like a "schoolhouse" clock design.

Not only that, but a good many country churches. ;D

Looks great, keeps good time to I bet. ;)

Your in prime pecan country I hear.  8)

That's an excellent trunk Leeb, nice looking design.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

I don't guess it's really a trunk. Not that big. It's an overnight/makeup box I made for Lindy.

SwampDonkey

A miniature.  :D No, I musta misread something in haste.  :-\

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Axe Handle Hound

Nice clock MM and I really like that you reused the old glass!

Magicman

Nope, it is all new.  I used a "Regulator" decal and painted the gold border, and thanks.   ;D

Busy Beaver Lumber

Awesome clock there Lynn. Not only are you one fine individual, but you are also a man of many talents. You remind me a lot of my Dad. There never seamed to be an end to what that man knew or what skills he had.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

terrifictimbersllc

Nice job.  Memories of watching that hand move very slowly at funerals.  Sometimes 3 preachers. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

SwampDonkey

Did a great job on the glass to. MM is a crafty fellow.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!