iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Chapter Forum Meetings

Started by Radar67, October 21, 2007, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwsjr

Sounds like a good idea. Almost any time is good for me, cept maybe we wait until it is warmer. 39' with windchill of 15' today at noon. That is too cold for MS. We had low of 10 and high of 24 last Friday with 10-15 MPH wind. 
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Burlkraft

I'd come down, but it'll prolly be warmer here than there  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

Lee, what is your schedule like? 2 on/2off?

Donnie, when you plan on starting your house, or have you already started?

Steve, that may well be true, but you can still come.  ;)

James (fishpharmer), when is the spawning season over? Or, when do you slow down again?

Warmer weather is a good idea though.  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

fishpharmer

Stew you or someone come up with a date and i will do my best to be there.  Catfish spawning ends by July 1st.   March 16 thru 22 is spring break for the wife and kids, so I best go with them.  Don't worry about me, I am somewhat flexible, wouldn't miss a meeting if I can help it.  I gotta keep my prioritizes straight. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pineywoods

fishpharmer I went right by your place the weekend after christmas. didn't know where you were or I might have stopped by. I have a son in Brandon and a daughter in Birmingham, so I pass your way occasionally. The first one of these get-togathers was at my place, believe me, you don't want to miss it.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DWM II

Stew were in the serious planning stages right now, having plans drawn and such. I plan on starting the actual construction last quarter of this year.

I'm also good with waiting for some warmer days. :)
Stewardship Counts!

Radar67

I'm in the serious planning stage too. I have the plans in hand, the site is cleared, the well will be drilled in late March, and the septic is being planned as I type this.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

WDH

Donnie and Terry,

I appreciate what you will soon be doing for the economy :D.

Owning a sawmill and building a house should not be allowed ;D.  There is so much that you can do that ordinary people (those without sawmills :)) cannot do.  What an adventure!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

My schedule is one month on and one month off. Actually 28/28 with 4 days travel on my time, so I guess its really 32/24 assuming they don't have some kind of training coarse for me to go to.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

jerry-m

Been thinking it was about time for another get togather... Don't know how I missed the start of this thread...

Will try my best to be there as most any time is ok by me...

Thanks,   Jerry
Jerry

PineNut

Anyone still interested in another get together? The warm weather will soon be over and summer will be here.

Radar67

I'm still interested. Me and Don K had a meeting this past Saturday, and WDH was here yesterday.

Anyone want to throw a date out there?

PineNut

I am free through May. In June, things start to get busy for me. Probably a Saturday would be the best day for most people.

PineNut

Well, I will throw out a range of dates. How about any Saturday in May? Someone suggest a day. If you would like to come to SW Mississippi, I am willing to host it. I don't have all of the toys that pineywoods has but we can still have an enjoyable day and a good meal. 

Radar67

I could probably make any Saturday in May except the one before Mother's Day.

wwsjr

I am ready for another get together. If you wanted to come to NE MS, I could host if folks want to come to the hill country. Not a big operation but I have a few big boy toys. I am about 20 mi east of Tupelo near Fulton about 9 miles south of HWY 78.

The sawmill shootoff in WV is 29-30 May if anyone is planning to go. Still not sure myself. Any other weekend should be good for me.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

pineywoods

Any time in May sounds good to me. I would be glad to host again. That guy is still makin brisket :). Any place else will depend on the wife. I'm about to run out of kinfolks to put her up while I go off  sawmilling visiting.
Hope she don't read this :-[
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

Banjo picker

I will try to get it on this one if I can.  Someone pick a place and time.  I haven't heard from Chris from down under in a day or two.  He is supposed to be here at my place the end of June sometime.  When he comes I am going to get the ones that want to meet him to come up here.  May would be a good month to get together and talk some.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

PineNut

Haven't heard much in past couple of days. I will throw out an invitation. How about meeting at my place on 16 May. I am located south of Brookhaven or about 65 miles south of Jackson, MS about 5 miles from I-55.

If anyone has a better proposal, lets here it. How many do we have that are interested in coming?

fishpharmer

I don't ever know for sure what I will be doing on any given day in the spring.  The fish don't always spawn on schedule. :D

Sounds good to me Pinenut.  I will try to make it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pineywoods

Count me as "I'll be there if I can"

Radar67

LeeB

Ya'll have fun. I'll be off slaving away agian. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Don K

I'll have to check my work schedule to see if I can make the trip.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

wwsjr

Thank You Sponsors!