iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baby Back Ribs

Started by Norm, April 05, 2011, 04:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Took some time off from dozer work this afternoon to put some ribs on.

I get these from sams club and they are by far the best ribs in our area. They come three to a pack but since I'm still on that stupid diet I only cooked half of them.  ;D I remove the membrane on the bone side, coat with yellow mustard and then sprinkle with my new favorite rub called creole seasoning.

On the egg with some apple wood chunks for smoke and a drip pan with water. Should be ready around 7pm.

SwampDonkey

What'cha got for sauce? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Norm, your gonna have to come south for some real CAJUN seasoning. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sbishop

Norm, what time zone you in? i'm trying to figure out if i can get there by 7pm...HAH

ScottAR

I too think Sam's ribs are high quality, good value.   I also cook in a similar fashion.   Makin' me hungry...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

WDH

Well, it is a little past 7:00 your time, so you must be chowing down about now!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

He must have some dirty fingers and can't type right now.
It's 8:24 pm. here.

Norm

Some sauce.

For an hour or so.

With twice baked potatoes and beans and weenies.

isawlogs

I went to the fridge and got me a sausage   ;D   Those ribs sure do look good Norm  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

You are right Marcel, those ribs were awesome! Not to mention the twice baked potatoes and beanie wienies.  8)   

Life is good in Iowa.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WDH

You are DanG right about that  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

treefarmer87

norm, you can really make some tasty looking dishes :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Norm

Thanks TF, the only down side is my waist line.  :D

SwampDonkey

On a slightly different topic. Do you guys use one of those kitchen food slicers. I just got one off Amazon, and sliced up a couple loaves of home made bread today. I'm taking possession of a boneless ham here in a bit and going to slice cold cuts off it to see how it does. It worked great on the bread.

Mine's EdgeCraft: Chef's Choice model 610

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

I have one SD but it's a commercial one as we still do some catering. Very handy to use but on mine the cleanup is a bit of work.

The one you got has great reviews and is very reasonably priced.

SwampDonkey

That's why I bought it (best reviews for the class), works good and easy to clean. They do have heavier models than this one for the pros. ;)

WDH

SD,

Now with that slicer, you can make sandwiches for those little saplings in the kitchen if they get hungry  ;D.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, home sliced bread and home sliced cold cuts will be a whole lot cheaper than the deli prepared stuff. That is outlandish high for 1/4 lb of meat.  Bread well over $3 bucks for decent stuff. ::)

Mmmmm sandwiches in home made bread.  :)

Norm

I've been making my own bread this year myself. There's a muffin bread at the store I really like at $3.75 for a small loaf. Found a recipe online for it and it's much better tasting, probably costs a dollar to make. Interesting thing is it will last just a few days until it molds. Store bought lasts a couple of weeks.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, store bought is just full of nasty preserves. My home made bread don't mold, as I freeze one loaf of a two loaf batch and the one out don't get time to mold. :D

Buck

DanG Norm, you have flung a craving on me. I gotta go freezer diving!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!