iDRY Vacuum Kilns

search function

Started by woodbeard, March 05, 2005, 07:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbeard

I just wanted to say that the new search function is fantastic! I like all the other improvements as well, but I have always gotten frustrated with searches on internet forums, and this one is not only functional, but well organised.
Thanks! :)

SwampDonkey

I like the search function as well, however I'm having trouble with the 'search the forum for this photo' in the gallery. It keeps coming up with 'url not found'. I'm pretty sure it works if you enter the filename manually in the search engine. Anyone notice this?

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

It could be that the search is not lying to you.  Lots of pictures on the old gallery were never put on the forum.  There might have been 5 or 6 copies and one of them put on the forum.  The reast were just taking up space.   Now they show on the front door but you have no way of knowing if you have the posted picture or not. :)

SwampDonkey

I tried the 'search the forum for this photo' for photos I uploaded in the new forum, ones I know are in posts. I was doing this from the galleries. :'(  :-\

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Give me an instance so I can check it.  I dont know of ANY where is doesnt find a photo, other then what Tom is talking about.

Let me know the photo that the search does not work with, and the trhead where you say it is at so I can check it out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Jeff,
ermm  :-\   It's a firefox issue, works perfect in IE 6.x. I don't know why firefox chokes on it because I see the same URL in both browsers. Let me check somethig here....

SwampDonkey

Hmm, well don't panic there is a critical update that is suppose to be downloadable thru Firefox on monday. They have the update available now, but you have to to it by removing and reinstalling firefox. Maybe this may resolve some issues, who knows. Anyway, I can copy and paste the image filename and search from that for now without issues.

Jeff

Now ya went and set me on a mission... :-\ ;)

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Yes I see that code before would add some % and other characters. Thanks for the fix Jeff. :)

Jeff

It was firefox adding the code, I added a little something that told it "dont do that!" :D

SwampDonkey

Yes, I couldn't understand why it was doing that, when in the task bar it looked fine. Dang thang. :D