iDRY Vacuum Kilns

A face lift

Started by SwampDonkey, March 16, 2009, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I see you've been busy Jeff, putting a new face lift on the forum. The rolled corner effect for the Axmen contest is cool.  I like the look of the banner to. Only, where did spring and summer go? ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

It was the first photo I came to. :)   I'll find a more seasonal one, but it'll only be seasonal for certain people. Remember, this is a global forum.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Donk, you might find the current one a bit more seasonal at least for the northeastern part of North America

SwampDonkey

Looks more fitting.  ;D

Since it's a based Michigan forum, I vote the picture reflects Michigan seasonal changes. :D Argument settled. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Now all we need it a sponsorship from Tim's and we can play "roll up the rim" to win a new car.  ;D In our dreams , eh? :D

Jeff

Id be willing to bet, of the last 1000 members registered, not even 5% could tell you where the forum is based out of, or who I am for that matter.

SwampDonkey

I do, so that's all the matters. :D

Tom

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

I like the corner too.  8)  The other 95% will all learn the answers,if they stick around and read the posts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

That looks good , I like it .
Almost got to talk to you.  ;D Tammy did a good job though , Stacy gave up on me  :-\   ;D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Hey, sonny bubbles! Like the cycling images on the banner. Never know what will come up when I open a new thread or refresh a page. ;D

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on March 16, 2009, 04:22:31 PM
Id be willing to bet, of the last 1000 members registered, not even 5% could tell you where the forum is based out of, or who I am for that matter.

Who is this guy talkin' all this trash like he owns the joint?  ;)

tyb525

I too like the changing banner ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

I've got 5 tabs open and all have a different banner pic. ;D

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 21, 2009, 12:34:15 PM
I've got 5 tabs open and all have a different banner pic. ;D

Tryin to beat a record?  ::) ::) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Not even close.  ;D 8)

Tom

I like the changing Banner too.  Sometimes I run into one that I can't recognize.  It's a picture of something unidentifiable, especially this one that I'm looking at now.  It's the one that has They Foresry forum written across it.  ;D

Jeff

Could it be one of the cookies everyone signed from the first pig roast?  The side of the house where people were singing it has the forestry forum on it. could it be that?

Tom

I know what it is!  I found it and looked closer.   It's the one with "The Forestry Forum" printed on it and the whole left side is yellowish. The right side has a little picture of a bunch of bald faces harvesting strings of bark from a hapless little tree in the Upper Peninsular in fairly close proximity to Pete's cabin.  Tha's what it is.  ;D 

Says it's #70

SwampDonkey

I seen that one to, they were getting bark off a mountain ash tree. I've seen that here, at the time I just thought it was sap suckers, but it's them wasps. ;D