iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Guy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

biggkidd

I'll keep it until one of us is dead dead whether it will be the D4 or me. LMAO 

I get all kinds of stuff that was destined for the bone yard and fix & use it as is or repurpose the parts. Heck these days I guess I have a bone / junk yard of my own. Let me tell ya it comes in handy! 
Echo 330 T, Echo 510, Stihl Farm Boss, Dolmar 7900, Jinma 354 W/ FEL, & TPH Backhoe, 1969 M35A2,  1970 Cat D4
Building a Band Mill  :)

Dangerous_Dan

On the side of the road with a FREE sign on it.
My truck has a crane so it was no effort to load it.
Plug is cut off.
The tag says 115/230 so I think it's single phase.
Also says 2HP.
I will be testing it in the next few days.
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Old Greenhorn

Man, as soon as I saw that first photo with the blade guard ring (which I NEVER understood) I knew exactly what you had there. That there is a rock solid machine. Just needs a table and you are all set. SOme MDF should do that just fine.
 That's a beast of a saw. I would have had to come back with a buddy and a trailer, but I sure wouldn't let that go by.

Nice score.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

Great find. 
If that is the 40-A, then there is a downloadable manual
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=720
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nebraska

Wow I have the same or very similar one in my shed waiting for a real shop. I will have  to check. It would be a score if that's the right manual. A rail road shop had mine and was tossing it. A friend got it and gave it to me.

Dangerous_Dan

The insulation on the wires is dry rotted and crumbling.
I powered it up and it runs well.
Just what I needed, ANOTHER PROJECT! 8)

mike_belben

Autocrane on a military trailer?  Thats the score of a life time

Praise The Lord

Resonator

Marathon Electric motors, made in Wausau, WI. smiley_thumbsup
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Ljohnsaw

Got this off a auction site for $65 to put on my Ford 545D arms.  Amazon sells them for $209.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mike_belben

I FINALLY got someone to swap me a mig gas cylinder today .. If i had the cash id have drove 2hrs each way to nashville by now for a nexair dealer to take my praxair tanks but i persevered and got a local exchange.  

Inside i noticed some big cylinders with scrap spraypainted on them.  Looked around, didnt see a dumpster.  Asked what yall do with the scrap bottles.  He said take em.

Free steel is haaaard to come by in the rural south.  Theres a lotta good junk gonna get welded up out of the gas i got today. 
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: mike_belben on February 02, 2022, 04:04:41 PMAsked what yall do with the scrap bottles. He said take em.
Ya gonna make a big set of wind chimes? ;)  That kind of steel is fetching $260/ton right now.  I was dropping off some scrap and the yard guys were watching too close - there was some really useful stuff in the pile :-\  They don't sell, but sometimes I swap :-X
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dangerous_Dan

NOT a trailer Mike.
It's better than that.
UD1800 6 cyl turbo diesel with a six speed manual.

btulloh

Nice combo. Definitely a score. Does that have an electric winch or hydraulic?

Saw this on FB marketplace yesterday for $500. Problem is I don't have something appropriate to mount it on.  Sure would be handy.

HM126

newoodguy78

For that kind of money I'd be grabbing for the just in case scenario down the road. 

Dangerous_Dan

Winch is electric.

Go get that crane for $500

Mine sat for 10 years in my junk pile until I got that truck.

Nice to have stuff lying around so it's on hand when you need it.

btulloh

Quote from: newoodguy78 on February 02, 2022, 06:50:12 PM
For that kind of money I'd be grabbing for the just in case scenario down the road.
Yep, that would my usual thought too.  The problem is that I've started to use a little sanity in those decisions. I've got so many incomplete and unstarted projects already there's no way to get far enough "down the road " to finish them all. (I've learned through careful study of scientific and medical sources that I may not live forever. lol )
I've actually been thinning out some things.  Sold all my farmalls except one show queen.  Sold off some equipment I don't use any more.  Weeded out some small down the road projects, but there's still too many/too much.  Plus the half-finished things and broke stuff that needs to be fixed. 
But that crane is still tempting me.  smiley_devilish
HM126

btulloh

Quote from: Dangerous_Dan on February 02, 2022, 07:45:15 PM
Winch is electric.

Go get that crane for $500

Mine sat for 10 years in my junk pile until I got that truck.

Nice to have stuff lying around so it's on hand when you need it.
YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!!  (You are dangerous!). I'm trying to be rational here.
HM126

btulloh

What's the capacity of those cranes?
HM126

mike_belben

An autocrane is what im building my next forestry crane out of.  Got it for 30cents a pound.  Same rate for the material handler attatchment with kinshofer continuous 4 port rotator and dangle link.  

I think the torch bottles will have fire going through them in some form eventually.  

This afternoon i made my son promise to build our 8x8 forwarder project himself with his son if im not around long enough to get to it with him.

I didnt go to new hampshire and cut up a pair of 5tons for him to scrap the stuff.

Praise The Lord

Dangerous_Dan

Dangerous_Dan

It loaded this old Bridgeport milling machine.
Dragged it out of an old barn with the winch, then lifted it onto the bed.
It might qualify as "a score of the day" $300
Crane made this purchase possible.
I rebuilt everything and added a DRO.

Dangerous_Dan

mike_belben

DRO, Varispeed and powerfeed thatll bring 3grand no problem. Id say you done fine. Shined up nice
Praise The Lord

btulloh

Well the crane is now marked PENDING so it won't haunt me much longer. Good deals don't usually last long on FB.

I went to look at a honda powered compressor yesterday. Supposed to run and drive, but it wouldn't start when I got there. (Sat for 8 months with corn gas in the carb, so. . . ). I told the guy I wasn't interested because I didn't need another project. He said make an offer and I told $100 was the max I'd pay without seeing it run and pump some air. It followed me home, so I've got another carb cleaning project - oops. Pretty sure its ok otherwise though.

I didn't know the scuba tank portables could do 14 cfm @ 100 psi. Pretty good for a small compressor. It is two stage, so that makes sense now that I see it.
HM126

mike_belben

the free 300cu ft 75/25 mig bottle i brought home hissed.  hooked it up and its got 200 psi in it.  thatll last me months.  back on easy street. 

8)
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!