iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got TeePee'd tonight...

Started by maestro, November 04, 2008, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestro

Been waiting for this for years.  lol.  Figured I'd get hit when I was in high school, had no idea it wouldn't happen till my girls were high school juniors!  (I have twins)
I'll get a pic up as soon as it's off my phone, didn't have time to get the camera.  I'm guessing it was some of their female friends or they were just totally inexperienced in the whole act.  Only went over the low branches, bunch of amateurs!!  lol.  Throw UP into the tree..UP, UP!  On the plus side, they did leave 3 unopened packs...it was cheap stuff but hey, it's 12 rolls!!  I was amused until I saw the eggs.  Now that just makes me mad.  Especially since this was most likely done by friends, you don't bring eggs into the equation.  Bad news for the house, hard to clean up and it's a very good thing we're into fall.   Egg remains in the summer just smell bad! 

Ok, fess up everyone.  How many of us have done this ourselves?  If you have, tell the story.  If not, what have you done to neighbors, enemys, friends, your school etc.
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

maestro

Ok, I'll go first!! 
I've TeePee'd before but it was all in good fun.  We hit a few friends houses just because and I actually helped clean one up.  They still don't know I was involved!!  (Sorry Mrs. Kelsey!)  I think the 2 funniest things we did though were putting a Johnny-on-the-spot on top of the stadium before the homecoming game and carrying a friends very small import car up to the top of the school steps.  Took about 25 of us but it was worth it!!  We set it sideways between the rails of the stairs.   Man, he had a hard time getting it down! 

I must point out that we never considered doing any DAMAGE to other people property.  That was just wrong. 
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Jeff

I've never been t.p'ed here but most anyone knows, and if they did'nt they would find out, that if they ever did, they would eventfully get it all back, all at once, on the end of my boot, in a place where it was designed to go in the first place.  I find no humor in that act what so ever and never did such a thing to friends or neighbors either because of a very good reason.  We had a friend in school when I was about 12-13  who had been t.p'ed.  His father was out cleaning the mess up with a ladder in the trees. He fell and died a couple of days later of the head injuries he sustained. 

There are better ways to have fun then to cause work and possible property damages from things like throwing eggs or the lot.

The only thing I can think of to relate that I did to a neighbor was that we (there were several of us)  Put his house up for sale while he was on vacation. We made up a sign calling it a fixer-upper. THe sign looked like a valid real-estate sign to a company called Hood Reality. The number went to the neighbors answering machine.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

I never TP'd anyone, but in my early teens, a group of us used to throw cherry bombs under "parked" individuals cars at the local Lover's Lane.   :D :D

What a blast!  The things ya see!!   :o
Say when

Ron Wenrich

We were going to do it when I was a kid, but my Mom wanted the Sears catalog.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DanG

We ate so many soda crackers, we just used a whisk broom. ::)

The catalog was reserved for educational purposes. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pineywoods

I've done a bunch of T-P but in an unusual manner. Climb up to about 3000 ft in a light plane, start un-rolling a roll, then toss it out the window. It will unroll in a long streamer with the core on the bottom end.  then fly back and forth cutting the TP into as many pieces as possible. Sounds easy, it definitely ain't. The pieces usually fell into some farmers corn field, but sometimes you get lucky.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

SPIKER

Quote from: pineywoods on November 04, 2008, 07:10:00 PM
I've done a bunch of T-P but in an unusual manner. Climb up to about 3000 ft in a light plane, start un-rolling a roll, then toss it out the window. It will unroll in a long streamer with the core on the bottom end.  then fly back and forth cutting the TP into as many pieces as possible. Sounds easy, it definitely ain't. The pieces usually fell into some farmers corn field, but sometimes you get lucky.

NOW THAT IS ORIGINAL.

I've done it and also soaped some windows as a kid.   also greased the door handles and handle bars of shop scooters was a real popular one (I was in maintenance dept.)  One of my buddies was leaving (quit to go work on pipeline coming across canada)   we used 3 wheel electric stand up scooters to get around on.  get a grease gun and grease up the handle bars.   on his last day or two there I greased his locker handle and handle bars which was classic he walked over cleaned off his hands then went & cleaned up his scooter.  then went to open up his locker and was got again hehehe.  (I left a note UNDER his scooter parking spot with a big smiley face and a smart butt remark...)   I did have to admit I was gotten more than once though best/worst was when they did my bike, hack saw and locker.  I had to clean my hands 3 times ...  ::) :D   
mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

sawguy21

:D :D :D Eggs were a real problem for us cause we had to clean up when we got caught. By this time they were frozen.  :-[ The older kids also smacked our pockets.  My buddies and I never carried them for that reason. Home made cannons and fireworks were another story altogether.
One group hauled a horse drawn wagon into town, disassembled it and put it back together on the high school roof. Still have not figured how they pulled that one off without being seen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Faron

We got TPed a few times when the girls were teens.  It's nothing to get excited about.  Just leave it alone and the next shower will bring it down.  Or if you catch it just as the toilet paper dries out, just light the tails, and it will burn out just like a fuse.
It is sad to hear of someone dying as a result of a prank, but so unnecessary too.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

HOOF-ER

Long story worth telling. When we were married and went on the honeymoon. "Friends" got into our house. Upon arriving home exhausted from driving. I opened the door to our mirror that had been soaped with a welcome home on it. They had removed all possesions and rearranged the house completely. Wife had some teddy bears and they were in various dress and involved in different activities throughout the house. There were about 100 helium ballons on the floor. They didn't know what day we were expected home so they deflated. They vasilined all the knobs and door handles in the house. Put a babe ruth candy bar in the bath tub and used a hairdryer on it to get the peanuts to show, add to that a little toilet paper and I had to examine closely to be sure it was not real. Turned off the heat on the water bed . Sugar in the sheets. saran wrapped the toilet. Tore all the labels off the can goods and mixed in dog food for good measure.Grass was getting high so they mowed designs in the yard. 5 hours later at about mid night we had most everything back in place. We were beat but mustered enough energy to pay a little suprise visit back ;D ;D ;D Pay back is sometimes the best part.  :D
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

Thank You Sponsors!