iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Total Utilization: A plywood picnic table

Started by SwampDonkey, June 17, 2006, 11:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

If you have a sheet of spare 1/2 plywood (softwood) lying around the farm, make a picnic table for camping or for family members. I think some of you may have made one of similar design, but I got too lazy to search. ;D I have a set of rudamentary plans attached (PDF). I'll post of pic of the essembled table later.

cheers

Gotta get some lunch...  :)

{Some minor adjustments, but the PDF isn't to scale  :'( }
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Here's the sequence of assembly for the picnic table. This isn't my design. Actually, it was a sportsman from PA that showed grandfather and we built this one 25 years ago. ;)

enjoy

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

SD, that's a slick little project. 8)

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Seems the scale in the diagram didn't come out as expected. Musta been the conversion to PDF.  :-\

Jeff

I bet the scale would look even more different if'n I was a sittin on it!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

You'de be surprised how strong it is. But, hmmm it might be a little out of whack here and there. ;D :D

DanG

Speakin' of scales, I'm thinkin' bout going fishing this evening. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

I'de like to have a fresh salmon out of the Miramichi about now. I hate those factory fish.  :(

Part_Timer

SD

Those are very handy little tables.  Our boy Scout Troop has three of them.  They have a good coat of paint on em to protect them. 

With propper care they will last a long time.  I was in the troop 20 years ago.  They were there before I got involved with that troop, and now my son is there.  They still have the same tables.  I couldn't believe it. 

Jeff
There are 4 of us fully grown leaders(read 200lb +) that set at one on a regular basis.  you'd be amazed.  We also set 6-8 boys at one.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

woodmills1

Do factory fish get paid minimum wage?

nice table plan. :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Paul_H

Quote from: woodmills1 on June 18, 2006, 09:17:41 AM

Management makes promises but they all eventually get canned.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Paschale

Quote from: Paul_H on June 18, 2006, 10:27:28 AM
Quote from: woodmills1 on June 18, 2006, 09:17:41 AM

Management makes promises but they all eventually get canned.

That's laugh-out-loud funny.   ;D ;D ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!