iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buying Logs

Started by steveST, May 12, 2003, 05:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Hey Deadheader,
   I like that setup on the trailer, not sure that I quite understnd it,correct me if I'm wrong. 1 You winch,drag the log to rear of trailer. 2 You raise the end with the grasshopper thingie at the back of the trailer, 3 Then while hulding one end up you pull the log and grasshopper thingie forward. Then all you have to do is pull the log as far fprward as you want,and repeat. Am I anywhere close?How do the bottoms of the legs attach?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fla._Deadheader

Here ya go Dail. Ya got the idea pretty close to how it's done. There is a 9000# Warn Winch mounted in the headboard of the gooseneck. Once the log is dragged to the trailer, it automatically raises and travels forward, when the cable contacts the snatch block. Then you lower it onto the bed and remove the cable from the snatch block, and winch the log forward. If it's too heavy, take another bite further back on the log. It works very well. Here's some pics from the gallery.

Obviously, this is our smaller trailer, but, you see the size of the log and the winch. It is a 2500# Boat trailer winch, with 3/16th's" cable.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dail_h

Yep, got to build me one of them Deadheader Grasshopper loaders,I think I got most enough stuff in my soare parts inventory
      Volume Discount At ER

Fla._Deadheader

Dail, DanG built one like it. Had a couple of bugs ,but, it's working good now. That's 2" galvinated Pipe, if ya dint know. :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

Yeah didn't he have trouble with some channel iron? I got an old 4 row disc out here with a 3x3 square tubing frame.Reckon that will work?
      Volume Discount At ER

Fla._Deadheader

That should work just fine. A little heavy, but, price is right. 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!