iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UFO's .. and Alien's do you think they (might) exist ?

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, January 01, 2010, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

When I was 12 I saw a UFO. I was walking from the barn to our farm house. I heard a loud hum and looked up in the sky. It had changing colors went from purple to blue {colors are not exact but best as I can describe) and would darken out and cycle through again. It stayed there for about five minutes and then disappears (just gone and no hum). I tild my parent's about it and my dad said he had seem a UFO type thing along the river when he was checking his traps in the morning.

I have seen a lot of stuff on TV and some of it looks rather convincing. The metallic balls (around the aircraft) during a air show in Mexico (I believe) are hard to dismiss, lot's of camera footage shot.

Just checking, I have interest in the subject... I'd like to hear about others and their 1st hand accounts.

Avery   
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Jeff

You have to prove to me that they don't, which I don't think is possible, so I'm open minded about it. I don't see why we should be the only thing in the universe.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

There are definitely UFOs.  If it is flying and I don't know what it is, it's a UFO. ;)

I'm openminded about there being life on other heavenly bodies somewhere, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that there is or there isn't.  There have been many mysteries in the past that were eventually solved and found to be quite earthly, and others that are yet to be solved.  If there is life out there somewhere, what indication is there that they are more advanced than we are?  We always seem to assume that any alien beings are millenia ahead of us, but they could also be much less advanced.  We also seem to assume that they would need oxygen and water, but they might breathe propane or helium, or some element we don't know about.  Or they might not breathe at all.  Maybe they drink crude oil and pee gasoline, and run their cars on water.  We just don't know. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ironwood

While on a night vision goggle flight w/ my buddy (pilot), crew chief, and the Colonel (needing the NVG time), we saw a UFO south of Ft. Riley Kansas. We called the tower at the Fort several times, they reported NO aircraft other than us in the AO. After several minutes paralleling our flight path several miles out to the south it took off w/ unearhtly speed and was GONE. After one more call to the tower, the next thing over the headset was, "gentleman, we did NOT see anything, end of story" That was the Colonel.

So, lets just say, YUP. Been there, done that. It's not just us folks.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

IMERC

the Universe/galaxy is way tooooooo humongous for us to be here by ourselves....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

moonhill

I am totally shocked, Conspiracy all the way.  We have been hoodwinked and the coming invasion is a hoax! 

BTW, why did we just bomb the moon? 

So, if this is true how do the crafts really move through space or should I say time?

If any of this is true how far do you think it could go?  What are the possibilities?  Big can of worms.

I have heard they are actually jealous of us, the others.   

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Cedarman

The universe has been around for about 15 billion years.  Our solar system for about 4 1/2 billion years or so.  Some type of life has been around for most of that time on earth, but conscious life such as humans only for a few 10's of thousands of years.

Most likely life on other planets.  Intelligent life that occurs during the time span we are in is a different story.  Off a few thousand years and no overlap.

If sentient alien life showed up, it would be the biggest change to earth since the dino's were wiped out 60 million years ago.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Rocky_Ranger

"I have heard they are actually jealous of us, the others. "  Tim

Probably because they don't have a forestry forum  8)
RETIRED!

motohed

Quote from: Jeff on January 01, 2010, 10:07:28 PM
You have to prove to me that they don't, which I don't think is possible, so I'm open minded about it. I don't see why we should be the only thing in the universe.

X2

SPIKER

My mom & Dad claim to have had one land out in the back 10 acre field back in the 60's whist mom was big with me...   Mom said they saw it come down through the window in a brilliant light.   they got dressed and went to investigate and did not find it only a burnt patch of grass in the pasture and several depressions. 

While I have seen lots of things flying that I could not ID I'm not saying they were earthly or not from earth just didnt know what they were at the time.   I think there is other life without a doubt, I'm smart enough to know the odds and size of the universe that some place there are other forms of life, not sure if it is capable of flying around or even if it is equal to our own know how.   But there is most surely some forms of life out there...

I like how cedarman said it best. earth is 4.8 billion years old, universe is 15 billion years old civilized mankind is less than 15~20k years old or so. 

My thoughts are same and include this, the last 120 years man went from horse & buggy with no real medical know how to today where we can send probes outside our solar system land people on other heavenly bodies, computer networks and communication between people around the world instantly.   now look at the advances since 1940's this is when UFO s have been said to crash, while it may be just coincidence.   USA (world too) have gone from rudimentary flights and only little electrical understanding to our advancements we have today.   I can see how there are so many things around the earth that early man could not have done stuff done 10s of thousands of years ago when early man was not much more than an ape foraging for food.   The stuff they found (forget where location wise) there is stone cut work ruins that is made from 2nd hardest stone (only thing harder is diamonds) that are tung & grooved & mortise & tenon joints made in this stuff with square bottoms and perfectly parallel sides & cuts!?  estimated time frame 20K years old done by our cave man ancestors? I dont think so, same with the giant drawings in the desert in Peru that can only be seen from high altitude.??    To think that ancient man did all this types of things while I can say maybe the pyramids ya but there are too many things that dont add up...

I do know that there are a LOT f things that government says dont exist which too many people already know otherwise...
Now stop the argument about it and pass me the aluminum foil so I can make myself a new hat! :) :p

Mark,
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

pineywoods

I pretty much agree with Jeff on the possibility of other life forms out there. As for sightings of "UFO's" most of them can be shown to be naturally occuring happenings. There's a few things common to almost all of them. They almost always occur at night, usually right after dusk, in the form of lights or lighted objects of some sort. Probably car lights, aircraft lights, even the moon, all over the horizon, maybe miles away, reflecting off the boundary between a layer of hot and cool air. Think desert mirage, same thing only in daylight. Google atmospheric temperature inversions for a complete explanation.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Tom

QuoteThe universe has been around for about 15 billion years.

I wonder what was here before that.  ???

IMERC

Quote from: Tom on January 02, 2010, 11:56:33 AM
QuoteThe universe has been around for about 15 billion years.

I wonder what was here before that.  ???

another universe....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

scsmith42

Re Aliens, yes I think that they exist and they tend to congregate in the US Congress. 

Seems to me that there is one fellow from DanG's state that must be an alien...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

SPIKER

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 02, 2010, 12:50:19 PM
Seems to me that there is one fellow from DanG's state that must be an alien...

HEY what state is that? the state of INSANITY?  :D

J/K DANG

ya there are a lot of them there aliens in congress senate that THINK they know what is best for you and I regardless of what WE say..
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

moonhill

When it comes to others from other places you need to think out of the box.  If they are here they probably did not come to our time by any means we are aware of, think 4th or more dimension.  The billions of years becomes a non issue. 

U-tube is loaded with possibilities from Creation to Grays running the political system, quantum physics starting to explain the "how" and 2012 is coming up, just as many possibilities there, one being we as a populous becoming more "aware" allowing us to take the next step beyond the consciousness we now hold.

Tim

Fla._Deadheader

Shoot Faar, Yes they exist. We even built a clear plastic roofed room (Solar Kiln), and when asked by locals, "what's the bodega for ", I tell them with my best straight face, that's for Reina and I to go into, at night, and watch the UFO's by looking through the clear plastic.

They start slowly backing away, while giving me strange looks.  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Warbird

I think God could have created more than just us; however, the bible only goes into detail about us and this planet.  To my knowledge, I have never seen an "alien" nor any spaceships other than the ones we have created.  I think that most 'sitings' I have read about are scientifically explainable without calling it a visitor from another planet.  Even so, in the face of the possibility that there is other life out there, I still think everything was created.  So I don't get too worked up about any of it.

Warbird

Quote from: moonhill on January 02, 2010, 04:19:08 PM
When it comes to others from other places you need to think out of the box. 

I've poured a bit of thought into this notion over the last 20 years or so.  The problem with attempting to "think outside the box" is that you are bound by the box.  Every possible thing you can currently conceive of is still within the box.  I can explain my view in depth but it involves a bunch of stuff that might get this topic moved to the Restricted area.  :)

moonhill

Yes, a can of worms.

I suppose you are right on the size of the box analogy.  How about the dark corners which we can't see into.  The human mind will shut down stuff which is not explainable. Mainstream will do the same thing.   I read or saw somewhere that when the Europeans first came to the New World the natives ignored the ships the explorers arrived on.  They had no words for such a craft, in their mind they pictured it as a cloud or something.

I have never encountered such things either.  I have had people say they have, ghosts as well.

Tim

red oaks lumber

first thing.. i don't drink anymore so, a few yrs. ago driving home from duluth minn. one evening myself my wife and daughter off in the distance maybe 10 miles we saw what looked like an explosion in the sky followed by 2 smoke trails coming back to earth. i said 2 planes just collied. the next few days nothing was ever reported on the news.
it is a real possaility 2 ufo's crashed together. are these ufo's from outerspace? noone knows for sure but, there is alot of things that have happened in our civalation not to discount they might be "aliens"
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ironwood

Spiker,

Nasca lines, I want to get there. It's on the bucket list.

Red Oaks,
Could that have been a fireball? I saw one once, scared the bejesus out of me. I was on the PA. pike about 10 pm. I nearly ran off the road. It looked like a roman candle right at my windshield.  :o

I used to spend 200+ days (nights) a year in the woods, desert, lakes working for a wilderness program. Mexico, US, Canada.  I have seen some bizzarre/ beautiful stuff. Stars, clouds, lights, storms, you name it.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Ianab

Red Oaks - First guess would be a meteororite that explded high in the air. Now that there are more cameras out there these things get caught, there was one last year that was caught on a cop car dash cam that lit up a town like daylight.

But the thing about UFOs is the Un-identified part. You know it's flying, and it's an object, but you dont know what it is.

If you KNOW it's a flying saucer with little green aliens aboard, then it wouldn't be un-identified would it?

Anyway I'm with some of the others, the Universe is BIG place. Astronomers know there are planets around other stars. Odds are that we aren't alone. I cant prove it either way, and the universe is so big and old that other civilisations may have been and gone, or not even noticed us yet. Or noticed us and ignored us on purpose - "no intelligent life found"

Ian

BTW, I got 3 seasons of Babylon 5 in DVD for Christmas, we are almost though them now.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Warbird

Babylon 5 was awesome.  You should get the "Firefly" series and the resulting movie "Serenity", if you've not seen them yet.  Probably the best sci-fi series and movie ever, as far as I am concerned.

H60 Hawk Pilot

Hello All

Just wanted to say... the varied reply's to this post .. have brought  Smile's  :) to my face, just what the doctor (laughter is the best medicine) ordered in 2010.

You  Guy's  Know's  Lot's of Stuff  (real deal and the ain't no real deal at all).

All in All... Quite a Fellowship << No Joke About !

The Best to You All in 2010 and   >>   Beyond < < for you Sci-Fi guys & gals).

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Thank You Sponsors!