iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Morso guillotine

Started by Texas Ranger, February 26, 2012, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

A Morso guillotine, made in Denmark.  Picked up used, it is super sharp, and makes a cut that may be too clean on some woods, some glues have a problem adhering to the smooth surface.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

terrifictimbersllc

Here I thought the Lion Miter Trimmer was state of the art.  Oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGLiyXZ4njc
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Texas Ranger

Mine is old, like me, so it is manual.  No electronics or air, just me.  It does have the one 6 foot extension that is handy.

wwsjr

TR,
I have one of those I used to cut picture frames years ago. Mine appears to be exact same model as yours. Cuts two 90' from a piece of moulding. very accurate. I hope to drag out of storage if I ever get a new shop built. I think I have an extra set of blades. Very sharp Swedish steel. A simple step on the bar at bottom cuts easily. No power at all.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

metalspinner

Can that manual shear cut 3/4" hardwood?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Texas Ranger

So far, with a 220 pound weight, it has.

Thank You Sponsors!