iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Aiders

Started by SwampDonkey, May 13, 2018, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yep, I have been trained almost every year for the last 10 years, there are annuals then every 3 years the full 'Workplace Standard' course. And I am also certified as an AED operator.  Just did the full course this weekend. The course is no big deal, but saving lives is a real big deal. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I had regular training while in the helicopter industry, fortunately never had to use it other than for bumps and bruises.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, we had regular courses and my last one which included CPR and AED use was about 5 years ago in Guinea in west Africa on a project just before I retired. In our line of work/region we also covered snake bite and such. 

We had paramedics on a project in the Gobi desert who were mostly old military corpsmen and were the best I encountered. The military was great training for the kinds of threats we had such a big equipment, explosives, cave ins, vehicle/driving incidents, etc. The doctor in the nearest village (About an hour away) would send his worst cases (Broken backs, traumatic amputations, etc) to our paramedics as they were more competent and experienced than he was.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SwampDonkey

Yes, for sure, we ain't paramedics and doctors.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!