iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark vs. Tree Farmer

Started by Tombstone, July 25, 2009, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombstone

Hey all,

Just wondering what you thought was the better machine and why?
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

aksawyer

Truely an unfair question.In my opinion there is no comparison.The Clarks are much more stable on the steep hills,have more weight to them so they can pull more weight behind them.Both are are well built but if you own the Clark than you you will never need another machine.I have ran mantenance and rebuilds on all makes of skidders,the Clarks are very work freindly.We now run tj 660s and our old Clarks can out manuver them on the steeper hills.The cats are stable and heavy but are not repair freindly and very expensive to buy parts for.I like the Franklins,they are strurdy,heavy and though but very hard to get parts for in the far west and north,like here in Alaska.Been on a lot of Tree Farmers,they are too lite to pull as hard as the heavier machines.

nhlogga

they are both good machines with their pros and cons. clark has the better winch if you have the big one. treefarmer used the gearmaticwhich i don't like due to more maintenance. i do like the direct drive tranny in the treefarmer. clark is easier to operate with less levers to move. are you lookin to get rid of the clark for the treefarmer? i'm a jd fan myself. own a clark but work for another co. runnin a 648g. don't care how long 'ol clarky sits with motor half pulled out. i'll fix it some day. has sentimental value. grandfather gave me 'ol clarky.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Tombstone

Guys,

Was just having a passing thought about getting a different machine...................but you told me what I already know. It is an awesome machine and I would be stupid to get rid of it! Thank you for helping bring me back to reality!  :D
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

critter

I have had numerouse clarkes and tree framers and thier are no better
    machines on earth when it comes to steep ground  or rocky teraine
    clarck would be my choice for one of the meanist machines i have ever
    owned or ran

Tombstone

I am def on some steep and rocky terrain and the clark keeps on pullin without any problems!

Thank You Sponsors!