iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bear huntin

Started by Pudge, September 12, 2010, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudge

Hate it when I am out in the bush in a ground blind by myself an a mouse makes racket in the blind. Just about pee'd my pants. Seeing nothin too windy I think.

Pudge

1st day saw all sorts of wild life. Watched a widdle bear for 45 minutes work at gettin the rock off the top of the barrel. Of course I forgot the video camara. It was a hoot

sandhills

More often than not I've wished I had a camera of some sort other than a gun while sittin and watchin all the critters play around, of course I never hunted bear though! ;D

pasbuild

Any sign of that BIG old belly dragger coming in??
hope ya get one chance at um.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

clif

Here is one wandering around a friends house in Wasilla the other day!  :o

Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

SwampDonkey

:D :D

Last week while cutting away with the brush saw, the next strip over a fella was cutting away and a bear took his nap sack. He found it after he burnt out his tank and things were in tact at that point. He decides to eat lunch at that point, which was in the sack. Sets down to eat and the bear appears and comes a step or two at him showing teeth, then runs off. The fella says, ok that's it, I'm outta here. So he and his boy, who was working the strip on the other side of him, take off for the truck. ;D I was working away like a lark and never seen nor heard nothing all day.  ;)  Except them darn yellow jackets.  >:(

The bear had been around and has a den in that work area. Bit a couple fella's handlebars and wires, including on my saw, and lugged off gas jugs left over night.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 13, 2010, 03:58:26 AMand lugged off gas jugs left over night.

SD,

I thought that I was the only one to have bear teeth holes in their chain saw gas cans.  Lost a good 5 gal jug to the bear a few years back.

Bruce

SwampDonkey

My uncle has also lost gas and oil jugs when left out where he was cutting firewood. Holes chewed right threw. But, I think the bear was getting even with him for hunting his kin.  ;D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

VT_Forestry

My dad had a bear come up on the porch and chew through 3 full 5 gallon cans.  The best was the one that the bear bit and walked around the yard with it still in his mouth.  I don't think that grass has turned back green yet haha  :D
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Onthesauk

Neighbor at the other of town had been on vacation last week.  Got home and discovered a bear had dismantled their fridge and freezer in the carport and ate like a king this last week.  Fish and Game had the trap installed today.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Pudge

No bear for me yet only hunted a few days then had a lot of stuff to get done. May go out in the afternoon for a while since it doesn't seem like the dog hunters have been around here. As long as I don't have any other effects from the colon test done today. Might be a (edited) situation  ;D ;D otherwise.....if the bait really hasn't been hit probably won't bother staying out there. Then I will set the coon trap and start on those bad boys.

SwampDonkey

Can you hunt foxes? Not that I want any shot because they keep the mice and rabbits down, but they sure are getting thick.

Burlkraft

Hey Pudge,

We was by your house yesterday!
We talked with Katie as she was riding her horse along the road.

What were we doing? Looking for some logs that escaped.

Never did find them, so I dropped Bob off back in Marquette and I went back home.  :-\  :-\

Nice day for a drive in Da UP.

Looks like the colors have finally made an appearance.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

I heard from Matt not twenty minutes after you dropped us off, plan A didn't work so I went ta plan B anyway the problem has been worked out.

Burlkraft

That's what I like about you Bob, you always got a plan  ;D ;D

I'll be back Monday, you can tell me of your plan A and plan B then  ;)  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

Nice that you guys have plans to plan out and that you also have options for them plans .. I usualy dont bother with plans as I would need at least half the alphabet to get enough of them to go around for Murphy to tire out .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Pudge

Haven't seen to many foxes around. Am not sure if we have a season on them

Steve I musta been sleepin that happy juice they give me really knocks me out I just thought I was going bear huntin........I don't think Katy would have let me out of the house with a gun I was pretty loopy.

How did you guys lose logs? Seems to me that would be kinda hard to do and you would know it when they came off the trailer it's not like they are like hay bales ya know..........

Pasco if you are around here this weekend and I haven't gotten anyone to see what is up with my garage door would ya mind stopping in......Fell off the back of the Avalanche last night putting it down manually. ::) Ya that kinda hurt......It was workin pretty good but the darn thing wouldn't stay down so I gave it a good push,lost my balance :o did have enough since to know I needed to land on my feet,which I did, hanging onto the door the whole way down. Got it to shut though. :D :D Wouldn't want to run a foot race today ;D  pretty sore, sometimes its tuff around here..........

SwampDonkey

Maybe you just need to grease/rust reaper the track pulleys. Maybe one or two pulley bearings are seized. She's dragging her butt a bit, so to speak. :D ;D

pasbuild

won't be up there this weekend, going to go see the kids and the grandkid  will be up there Monday so just park it somewhere else till then.

Pudge

It was stuck the one metal thingie..... ;D ;D (yes I know) wasn't leaving with the chains probably the track pullys. So Kelly came over talked to the guy that had put them in or we got the doors from cause I think Nailhead and Pasbuild put them up. So now it is working.
Thanks.....

Thank You Sponsors!