Started by DDW_OR, August 17, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

over the years i have had several different Trail cameras
on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 is the best possible 5 = average

3 = AA batteries - browning® strike force hd elite 10mp
8 = D batteries Last ?? Days - CuddeLink Home Plus, no camera, just receiver
9 = AA batteries Last 60 Days - CuddeLink Long Range IR - red led's at night
9 = AA batteries Last 60 Days - CuddeLink Black Flash - cannot see LED's at night
6 = C batteries Last 120 Days - MOULTRIE Game Spy D55IRXT - good basic camera
5 = AA batteries Last ?? Days - MOULTRIE MFH-DGS-M100
4 = AA batteries Last ?? Days - wildview 5.0 mp ir

one thing i do is put the Serial # as the camera name

for trail cameras i can recommend the Cuddeback Scouting Cameras - CuddeLink

up to 15 cameras transmits photos back to the HOME camera
CuddeLink automatically daisy-chains cameras to extend range to over 4 miles, making CuddeLink deployable on properties of hundreds or thousands of acres.

the the CuddeLink Home Plus has an USB connection that , for now , will not work with your computer.
below is what i got from Cuddeback Support on Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:32 AM

"A firmware update will be available in the future that allows the user to hook the Home device to a computer with the USB port. "

◄█►◄█►◄█►◄█►◄█►
UPDATE Nov 1, 2023 at 12:20 PM
From Cuddleback Support

We have no update on the ability to use the USB port on the camera for viewing images. This is not something we are looking at offering.

Thanks,

Cuddeback Support
Non Typical, Inc.
PO Box 10447
Green Bay, WI 54307-0447
Phone: (920) 347-3810
Fax:       (920) 347-3820
www.cuddeback.com

◄█►◄█►◄█►◄█►◄█►

Here is the report on the CuddeLink Home Plus
as you can see Location ID 004 is missing. the batteries where dead.
006 = I think i had mixed the dead batteries with the new batteries

"let the machines do the work"

btulloh

I've had the best luck with Cuddeback cameras too.  That Cuddelink stuff sounds interesting.  I haven't been paying attention to cameras lately, but I'm going to have to find out about those.

The list of cameras that have disappointed me is too long to publish.
HM126

DDW_OR

Quote from: btulloh on August 17, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
....The list of cameras that have disappointed me is too long to publish.
yes. you would think with all of the high-tech stuff out there, there would be some in the Trail Cam area.
I like the CuddeLink because there is no monthly Cell Fee.

I have been told that it may be possible to put a Cell cap on the Home camera. that way one cell plan with 15 cameras.

Walnut Beast

If your looking for a new Camera that's the best and made in the USA!!Reconyx!! Would you pay 550 bucks for a game camera?? I would!!! These Cameras are from the year 2010 and 2011. And they have been in the woods for years! They still work just as good as the day they were new! You get what you pay for!! Try selling any other make on EBay and see what you could get for a used one. I sold two this year for 250 and 275 each. From the same vintage 

Walnut Beast

This is the newer model that replaced the legendary ones and they make many security models and game camera models along with cellular. They got the price point down on them from the previous ones. Still the best and made In Wisconsin!! Used throughout the world in professional game research and security. Best warranty out there. Always firmware updates you can do or send in. The previous models they still can repair and update firmware. One of the best features is how simple they are to do everything br>

DDW_OR

Made in USA = plus 100
still uses 12 AA = minus 20
still a recognizable box design = minus 10
over $60 per camera = minus 10

can these cameras communicate with each other

Walnut Beast

I'm not sure on that. Sometime this year I plan on getting the cellular units they have. You can do everything from your phone or desktop with the cellular. It's based on the newer green one you see. I have several of the non cell ones and they have performed fantastic. So now it's time for some cellular ones. When I talked to the Reconyx guys this week he said a lot of guys that live in other states and security outfits run the cellular ones now because of the reliability and consistency of the units. 

beenthere

I use the Browning Strike Force Pro XD, dual lens (one for night, other for day use). Model BTC-5PXD, 6 AA bats that last a looong time, and set on 20 second videos. Hundreds of videos on a set of batteries.

Sample of some nice bucks caught on camera.. recently

https://rumble.com/v1hcrm1-3-august-bucks.html

None of my videos are monetized, just sayin.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Beenthere I wondered where all my bucks have gone 😂. Nice video 💪💪

Walnut Beast

That is pretty cool of the difference in the coat color of the older buck. Have you seen all of those guys before??

DDW_OR

side note:
ranchers get the used automatic car wash brushes and put them in their stock pens to give the cattle a scratching post.

i wonder what wildlife would do?

beenthere

Quote from: Walnut Beast on August 26, 2022, 04:18:42 PM
That is pretty cool of the difference in the coat color of the older buck. Have you seen all of those guys before??
Think so, but can't swear to it. Have seen several 8 pointers over the last month or so, but one of these three looks to be (or almost to be) a 9 point. Hard for me to tell precisely between them.  Many smaller racks seen on the cams.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Sure makes it fun to pull the chips when you have some boys running around like that!

terry f

Walnut Beast, those are some high rent cameras, but good ones. I'm in the get as many out as I can, with some cameras watching others😊 that said, I'm really liking the Reveal cell cam, even had a couple dings on my phone while writing this from a little whitetail buck that is sixty miles away

beenthere

Have a pic of the buck to post?
south central Wisconsin

Walnut Beast

Quote from: terry f on August 27, 2022, 09:48:54 PM
Walnut Beast, those are some high rent cameras, but good ones. I'm in the get as many out as I can, with some cameras watching others😊 that said, I'm really liking the Reveal cell cam, even had a couple dings on my phone while writing this from a little whitetail buck that is sixty miles away
That's a good company. Before they started doing the Cell cams Tactacam video cameras are what they did they were and are still popular for bow, gun, crossbow or on yourself or tree mount. I had one it worked great but it wouldn't connect with my I phone at the time so it went bye bye. The cell cams have really good feedback and they are tuff to beat for the price. A might try one. I had cell cameras years ago when they first came out before anybody knew about them. There was a company called Smart Scouter. I had several. When they took pictures they were awesome. The biggest problem with them was the trigger speed. When it comes to hunting stuff I've had it all from the best of the best in everything 😂. 

DDW_OR

what do your camera cell plans cost

Walnut Beast

Here is a quick look at different plans and cams. They are all pretty reasonable BUT! number of pictures, higher resolution and videos can drive the price up. That's the way it's always been. One thing that's changed is the gallery on the app you have where the pictures can go. Then after so many new ones it reloads if you don't save any. Years ago when I had several Smart Scouter cell cams they went to my email. Hundreds of pictures individually when they came in 😂. 

https://www.revealcellcam.com/

beenthere

Some medium size batchelor bucks sparring in front of the trail cam

Batchelor bucks
south central Wisconsin

terry f

Beenthere, those are cool, I like the guy kicking😊 I will try to put yesterday's pic up of the one I was talking about, if I remember how. DDW, they nickel and dime you, but not bad 

terry f

Walnut Beast, what they don't mention in that is, it's $5 for every 50 HD pics or videos, reasonable, I have mine set on both, and only have videos sent 

terry f

Beenthere, I don't think I can post a screenshot, won't let me upload. If anyone has Facebook, I have a site called (Forty Acre Woods) it's the one with a cougar on the cover, request entry and I'll let you in.  It's just game cam videos of critters on my place. I'm starting to get more whitetails all the time 

Walnut Beast

My buddy gets his photos 

beenthere

That is a good rack on that deer. Would be nice to see one again like that. 

This one fall of 2010 on my not-so-good trail cam, twice. 
south central Wisconsin

terry f

Wow, those are monsters, that's crazy, you boys got some trophies there 

Thank You Sponsors!