iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

unique ad

Started by Doug Wis, March 22, 2020, 10:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wis

saw an ad in our local shopper paper for custom sawing. No mention of sawmill type but I'm sure it would be a band mill. Last line of the ad said "we can cut it thin enough to use for toilet paper". Guess  some one sees an opportunity for a unique niche market .  We have been sawing white pine with the pitch starting be bleed out, and the wife didn't think we should try to do that.
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

low_48

Funny. Could even be a market for sawdust soon. A fight broke out at a Dollar General in Peoria over rolls of toilet paper Saturday.

sealark37

How much for the dog?

WV Sawmiller

Obviously eye catching but not practical and I suspect most customers recognize that fact. I think most of us try to use/include items of local interest in our advertising and many of us, myself included, try to add some comedy if that helps people remember my ad.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sixacresand

Beware of splinters 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!