iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mice....

Started by Curlybirtch, August 23, 2021, 10:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEC

When cleaning out mouse nests, guys, keep in mind that they and their waste and the dust from it is a source of hantavirus and other nasty diseases. I just read in a trapper publication about a guy who got very sick after breathing stuff from a mouse nest which was in a box of spare bolts in his garage. They oftentimes stuff nest material inside the heat shield of mower engines. Doesn't do much for keeping motors from getting hot.

maple flats

I've got to do an update to my post about "fresh Cab" a couple of pages back. It seems I failed to add a new one for a few months, I found a partially chewed roll of paper towels in the cab.  then put a "fresh cab" in the tractor cab, tore off all chewed paper towels, threw them in the trash in the shop and left the rest of the roll in the cab. about 2 weeks later I found no new mouse chew marks, thus it I think worked.
I'll need to pay closer attention to it in the future. I'll also need to order more soon, I only have 2 left.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

Because I had mice in the tractor cab, I'll add a new packet in about 2 weeks, and again in another 30 days. After that I'll go back to one new every 2 months, I just ordered a dozen more.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

doc henderson

I have trapped, killed, but not eaten or skinned, three mice so far this season. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

widetrackman

Quote from: Magicman on August 29, 2021, 07:59:31 AM
When I first got my sawmill I kept it set up at my farm property so that I could 'practice' sawing.  Also during that time I had not learned the value of removing the blade at the end of each sawing day.  :-X

So one morning I went through my normal routine of cranking the engine and tightened the blade.  When I engaged the clutch, bang !!!, blade off and I was immediately met with mangled rat and rat guts everywhere.

I guess some lessons are better learned.  ::)
MM,  being new to saw milling I had not heard about removing the blade at the end of each milling day. 
Therefore what would be the value?

Chuck White

If you leave a blade on overnight, it will rust where it is in contact with the wheels!

It will stretch too, if it's still under tension!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!