iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbery Sawmill orders

Started by Grousebadger, September 15, 2021, 05:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grousebadger

I've had a Timbery M285 on order since this Spring, have been getting repeated delivery setbacks without a clear explanation.  The dealer originally claimed to have several mills on order but repeatedly gets pushed back, is now unsure if a mill would be available by October or November.  If I jump ship now for another mill, I'd likely be waiting until next spring for delivery anyway so likely won't have much to gain. Anyone else having similar issues with Timbery? 

Jeff

Its industry wide, just like with  thousands of others. They are not a sponsor here, but I feel comfortable saying I know they are doing the very best they can do while still having to deal with daily backlashes like someone bringing it to stronger light on the forum.  ;) some things are just out of your control.

I hope you get your mill soon. Until then, I hope you have liturature you can keep looking at like we used to look at the sears catalog. Right there within reach yet so far away.. we would wear em out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patrick NC

Timbers is owned by woodmizer so I would expect them to have the same 40+ week lead time. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Southside

It's the same with everything and nobody is exempt. Customers who call me and demand something right now don't even get a call back. Between lack of employees and supply issues some things are just not possible. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Patrick NC

Just using the woodmizer wait time for reference.  Same problem for everyone. Not just sawmills.  I ordered a 60" finish mower from kubota in July.  Maybe ill get it by Thanksgiving. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

GAB

Quote from: Patrick NC on September 15, 2021, 09:11:22 PM
Just using the woodmizer wait time for reference.  Same problem for everyone. Not just sawmills.  I ordered a 60" finish mower from kubota in July.  Maybe ill get it by Thanksgiving.
If it comes in one month later then you'll get one thing for Christmas you desired much earlier.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

TimW

Woodmizer has been well behind for a while.  I ordered my HT40HD Wide back in Feb of 2018.  I finally got to pick it up at the dealer in June.  That was over 12 weeks then.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

olcowhand

I ordered a Timbery M120 (same as WoodMizer LX55, with different badging- sort of like Chevy/GMC) on March 5th, and was told it would arrive August 20th. On that date, I received an email stating that the Mill hasn't shipped, and they don't know when it will.
I initially had some conflict with my Dealer, and recently began thinking that they were sand-bagging on me. I'm still not sure what the deal is, but I'm going to wait it out. They have my deposit.....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

DMcCoy

I ordered a tractor grapple and it took months.  The manufacturer had to do a redesign because they were unable to get DOM tubing.  What they did was better than the original, so I'm happy.
It's everywhere, you are not alone.

thecfarm

I work in a hardware store. Had a customer come in  and ask for pvc electrical boxes, yes, I have them, he said, good, because home depot us out. Than I could not get any. Now it's electrical stuff, I have no outlets in the store, most times I have at least 40, between all the colors. Getting very low on PVC plumbing items too.
All hand tools, shovels and rakes, was very hard to get in late May. Would place an order and maybe get 10 of the items needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

If I were waiting on a sawmill, I would just stay in line because there are likely many customers behind you waiting as well. Switching to a different manufacturer more than likely will put you further down the line.  It isn't the dealer's fault.  It is a similar scenario as the pick up truck manufacturers are facing.  They just can't get the parts from their suppliers to finish products.

Relearning to be patient is the order of the day anymore.  The supply chain issues are on nearly everything and are everywhere.  If it isn't supply chain issues it is a labor shortage.  We have a serious shortage of CDL truck drivers which is impacting shipping.  

I could give a laundry list of stuff I've waited unusual times for over the last 18 months and i am still waiting for some stuff.  Several things I've just given up on purchasing until things get caught up. Somethings are just stupid expensive, if I find them I don't want to spend the money right now in hopes that prices will come down at least some.

Everyone is experiencing delays.  We have a customer who is in dire need of wood shavings but our equipment wouldn't run without the interior parts to an 800 amp 3 phase panel.  Those interior parts were ordered in May and came in last week - 5 months.  Our machine has been ready 6 weeks.  Fortunately for us, the customer can't get shavings anywhere else because the other suppliers are slammed.  

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Like others have mentioned there are long delays and uncertainty everywhere. I am confident the mill manufacturers are working well for the things they can control like welding and frame assembly, as long as they can get the metal, but individual components are hit or miss. Look at the thousands of new trucks produced and parked on the dealers manufacture and maybe even dealers lots in some cases, waiting for simple installation items like computer chips. Good luck. I know you remember the old cartoon of the two vultures on a dead tree in the desert and one says "Patience h__, I'm gonna go kill something." We all feel like that at times.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kevin5055

Just wait; every manufacturer is having issues and really long wait times.  I have a mill on order that was supposed to be complete mid-July.  It was built, but they couldn't get the engines to complete them.  I just now received an engine serial number and notification it is supposed to be shipped on Monday.  

Tons of stuff is like that.  I put off buying a couple sheets of 3/4" oak plywood for a couple projects.  It only went up from about $50 to $60 when 2x4's were selling for $8.  Well I put it off and had a heck of a time finding it recently.

olcowhand

So I got the call today; the mill has shipped. I'll be picking it up later this week....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Thank You Sponsors!