iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to find this aluminum tubing???

Started by caveman, September 26, 2021, 04:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

My uncle gave me an CS mill contraption several months ago and I was wanting to add longer rails to it in order to mill some wide slabs.  Do any of you have suggestions of where to find the square tubing shown in the link below?
(Ebay link removed by admin)
Caveman

btulloh

Most likely it's a standard extrusion and you should be able to match it up from a vendor online. It will be in the general category of t-slot extrusions. If you post the full dimensions I'll see what I can find if you like.
HM126

Old Greenhorn

The company you want to check first is 80/20, here is the link: https://8020.net/search/?q=shapes
 They have hundreds of shapes it may take you a while to find what you want, but they are a leader in these extrusions and likely supplied the OEM. Take your time and use their search features. They have a lot of 'stuff".
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

caveman

Thank you, fellas.  I appreciate the guidance.
Caveman

charles mann

@caveman

Were you able to locate the extrusion? I too am wanting to extend my cut width without buying a specified cut width
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

ajsawyer

Quote from: caveman on September 26, 2021, 04:56:50 PM
My uncle gave me an CS mill contraption several months ago and I was wanting to add longer rails to it in order to mill some wide slabs.  Do any of you have suggestions of where to find the square tubing shown in the link below?
(Ebay link removed by admin)
Can you post the picture? I have some extruded aluminum that's no use to me... 

caveman

<br
I apologize for the poor quality of the pic.  We may just do like Furby suggested in a pm, which was to just replace the aluminum with square tubing and make the fixture fit the CS bar we select.
Caveman

terrifictimbersllc

Check out Misumi, probably everything you need there and they sell aluminum cut exactly to length, I thought prices were very reasonable. I bought stuff to mount a wixey gauge to my delta planer, anything there to do a project with.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

caveman

Caveman

charles mann

What is the size of the square, the size of the t slot and the overall size? Im at work and dont have access to my mill frame, but a known dimension would allow for an easier search, even if the mounting hdwr had to be replaced, a person could find a size close enough, if not exact size, and make an order. I havent seen that exact style of extrusion used for the granberg mills, in the numerous sites iv looked at to build my router sled, but im sure any t slot extrusion of the same size should work. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!