iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulics

Started by Pfordhp2b, October 04, 2021, 08:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfordhp2b

Good morning all. I've got a wood Mizer lt40 and the hydraulics stopped working. At first it stopped intermittently then all together. I changed out the micro switch thinking the original was bag   It worked for a moment but that was it. Any suggestions?  

Magicman

Is the solenoid operating and if so, is it supplying 12 volts to the hydraulic pump motor?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

First off check your power coming to the switch and to the solenoid that starts the hydraulic pump motor. Also, the rod that activates the switch could be out of adjustment. Every lever on your hydraulic valve bank is tied into it, and your most used functions will wear faster and need adjustment. Did you check all functions? Manually push the micro switch to see if it kicks the pump in.
Too many irons in the fire

Pfordhp2b

Quote from: Magicman on October 04, 2021, 08:30:58 AM
Is the solenoid operating and if so, is it supplying 12 volts to the hydraulic pump motor?

Sorry guys the internet was down here where I am at. I've got to google how to check if the solenoid is good. 

WV Sawmiller

Any chance there is a breaker tripping?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crossroads

If your mill has been sitting a while, you may check and clean the bottom rail where the ground bar rides. I've had my hydraulics do weird stuff when that bottom rail got some rust on it. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!