iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blades

Started by Peter Drouin, October 06, 2021, 06:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Wood Mizer is 4 to 6 weeks out 
Got my name on the list for 6 boxes
I'm happy I have bunch in the barn to sharpen. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Patrick NC

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 06, 2021, 06:17:27 AM
I ordered 20 blades from Jerrys Resharp a couple of weeks ago. Box was on my porch in 3 days. Ripper 37s. They also keep a large stock of woodmizer band stock. Told me they try to keep 15,000 feet of turbo 7 on hand. Send me a message if you want my salesmans number. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Peter Drouin

Thanks The blades are coming. I have a bunch to sharpen. This way I will use-- go through them that been setting around. ;D
And member tax time is coming. I will fill up on sawmill parts too.
All before the end of the year.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Percy

Hows that cool hot rod of yours doing these days??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Daburner87

I forget who sells the Kasco blades on the forum but he told me 4-5 weeks at least and I got them the following week...  Worth a shot.
HM130Max Woodlander XL

barbender

That's Cuttingedge. I was really busy all last winter so I just kept buying blades vs. sharpen and set mine, so I have a nice stash now😊
Too many irons in the fire

TimW

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 06, 2021, 06:17:27 AM
Ordered a box of Turbo 7s yesterday.  I was told look for them sometime in November.  So 4-6 weeks.
Anyone know who long ReSharp Atlanta is taking to turn a box around.  I sent out a box yesterday to them.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Percy on October 07, 2021, 09:17:29 AM

I'm making it a new home. ;D

Have all the wood cut some 34' long
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 08, 2021, 12:15:24 PM
Quote from: Percy on October 07, 2021, 09:17:29 AM

I'm making it a new home. ;D

Have all the wood cut some 34' long
Peter,
I like the block work.
Nice job.
I been thinking about my Dad lately and having the desire to do some brick or block work.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

barbender

Block is becoming a lost art!

TimW

I like your lift.  How much will it safely lift?
       hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

TimW

thecfarm

Keep on posting pictures of the build!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maverick87

Cook's Saw lead time on blades now is 3-4 business days. It took less than a week and I had mine. I love them! 8)

Peter Drouin

Not sure about the guy at WM but, my blades came in Monday, All 6 boxes.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

VB-Milling

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 12, 2021, 06:50:00 AM

They quoted you 4-6 weeks lead time and you got them in 5 days???
HM126

RAYAR

Quote from: VB-Milling on October 12, 2021, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 12, 2021, 06:50:00 AM

They quoted you 4-6 weeks lead time and you got them in 5 days???
Their days must be a week long ;) ... that's got to be a pretty hectic day.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

RAYAR

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 09, 2021, 06:30:53 AM
10,000 lb
That looks very similar to the lift we installed in my son's garage a couple of years ago.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

WV Sawmiller

I ordered a new box of WM 4* DH yesterday afternoon from WM PA and they got here at 1:00 pm. Took me almost 23 hours.  ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 13, 2021, 01:39:54 PM
  I ordered a new box of WM 4* DH yesterday afternoon from WM PA and they got here at 1:00 pm. Took me almost 23 hours.  ;)
Good job Howard.  Goes to show you living in WV does have one perk.
What do you saw with the 4 degree blades?  I am waiting on Turbo 7s.
hugs,  Brandi

WV Sawmiller

Brandi,

I am steadily standardizing on 4* as my only blade. When I bought the mill I bought 10, 7 & 4 degree blades and have tried them all. I use 4* on any hard wood like oak, ash, etc. but I also find it does better on spruce or such where the wood is soft but there are hard knots which tend to make the blade want to jump up. I can cut soft wood with a 4* blade but I can't cut hard wood with a 10*. As I use up the 10 & 7 degree blades in stock I only replace them with 4's.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ladylake

I've been running 4° for around 17 years, sometimes I have to buy them at 10° but they get sharpened to 4°.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Maine Miller

I'm in need of some new bands. Currently using Double hard Turbo 7, but thinking about trying the Ripper 37 in 7 degree. Does anyone know the current wait time on either of these? I hate to call and bug them as I realize everybody is quite busy.

Rileyt17

Quote from: Maine Miller on May 22, 2022, 09:57:37 AM
I'm in need of some new bands. Currently using Double hard Turbo 7, but thinking about trying the Ripper 37 in 7 degree. Does anyone know the current wait time on either of these? I hate to call and bug them as I realize everybody is quite busy.
MM I order some 7 degree blades from Jerry's Resharp on 5-8 and received them Friday the 19th. 11 days from my order on a Sunday the 8th to delivery on Friday is not bad in my book.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Maine Miller on May 22, 2022, 09:57:37 AM
The Rippers are good bands but unless Jerry's has the 7° deep gullet rippers they aren't the same as turbo 7°
I have bought from Jerry's and have never been offered the ripper deeps.
I know they are made because I can get a cbn wheels for that profile.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ladylake

I find shallow gullet blades cut straighter and just as fast.  More blade body, shorter tooth twisting on the blade.  Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Maine Miller

Thanks for the info Riley. That is not a bad lead time at all in these times. 

My resharp guy is the one who put me on to the Rippers. 

Also, Bruno, I let him know that you could be a new source for CBN wheels. He is not liking all the price increases on the ones he has been buying

T4R11

I ordered from Jerry's Resharp and my order was filled within 2 weeks (received early last week). I ordered 7 degree blades and some of the deep 7 blades...so they have both. They were great to work with and very customer friendly. I am doing some maintenance work on my mill so I have not tried them yet.

Southside

So do you live there or have a camp in T4 R11? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

T4R11

Camp...actually Millinocket...South Twin Lake - Pemadumcook Chain

Maine Miller

A friend gave me a new Ripper 7 degree to try over the weekend. I only cut mostly cedar with it, then one 16 inch 12 foot hemlock. It seemed to work every bit as good as my Turbo 7s, so I decided to order some from Jerry's.......SOLD OUT......my luck.

Maine Miller

Has anybody tried the Lenox Woodmaster GT blades?
Looks like they are only offered in a 10 degree profile in the size I would need.

Bruno of NH

They make them in 7° I believe 

fluidpowerpro

I've always used Woodmizer 10* blades, either double hard or silver tips. Hate to admit it, but that's what my mills came with, so that's what Ive kept on using. I cut mostly red oak, birch, poplar and red pine. When I look at the Woodmizer site I get the impression that 10* should be a good all around general purpose blade for both hard and soft woods. I do sometimes get some waves in the pine near knots.
What would you guys recommend I use for the types of wood I cut. I have a drag type sharpener so I can adjust the angle for different blades.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

barbender

10° has always cut fine for me. The 7° Turbo I'm running now allows faster feed speeds if you have the horsepower. Not getting waves around pine knots is always a challenge, with any blade I've used. I haven't given 4° blades a try yet, I'm happy with the Turbo 7's they will saw straight through pine knots if I slow down a bit.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Maine Miller on May 23, 2022, 07:55:21 AM
A friend gave me a new Ripper 7 degree to try over the weekend. I only cut mostly cedar with it, then one 16 inch 12 foot hemlock. It seemed to work every bit as good as my Turbo 7s, so I decided to order some from Jerry's.......SOLD OUT......my luck.
I bet you could cut Cedar with the blade on backwards 😂. That stuff cuts like butter 🧈 

Southside

You can cut reclaimed white oak beams with a turbo on backwards, at least one cut worth.  It sure sounds funny and not exactly great cut quality - but it will cut.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!