Started by dail_h, June 07, 2005, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Anybody know of a tie buyer in northeast NC,southeast VA
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

FiremanEd

Try Koppers Inc., the number their Roanoke Va. plant is 540-380-2061. They should have a buyer in your area.   http://www.koppers.com/

Also try Burke-Parsons-Bowlby, they have a buyer covering your area as well. Their main number is 800-272-8437. They have a plant in Goshen Va, just west of Lexington of I-64.     http://www.bpbcorp.com/

We sell heavily to each of these companies with no complaints. If they both have buyers in your area you need to talk to and deal with both as they have varying needs at varying times. Right now we're sending our 7x9 cross & switch ties to BPB, 8x timbers to Koppers and 10x timbers to BPB so you need to know what each is buying to get the most potential out of your lumber. Last month we were working on a special order for BPB that Woody really loved, we just didn't have enough logs to make enough. We had an open order for 12"x12"x14' Timbers. These things were HUGE, but well worth the trouble of handling them.  ;D ;D 8)

Eddie
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

smwwoody

Eddie

Therre is also that place in WV.  I can't remember thier name but thier buyer was at the mull agian today looking to see if we were going to cut any of those subway cross ties.  he said they buy all the way down into south carolina and georga.

Woody

PS.  I was able to order just the shaft and did not have to get the whole motor for the guide today. 
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

FiremanEd

Yep, I forgot that guy Dale,

I've got his name  & # in the truck. I'll go get it and give it to you. His advantage is that he'll buy FOB your location in less than trailer loads. He wasn't paying as good but FOB is nice.

Eddie
AccuTrac Electric Edger

WH_Conley

At the risk of sounding simple, wife says not much risk, What is the difference in a subway cross tie and a regular cross tie? ???
Bill

KDEC19

How about in connecticut area for these ties to sell.  Does anyone know of a market here in the northeast. We could saw and deliver.
gonna do it again......

dail_h

HEY THANKS GUYS,
   The place that I was cutting pallet stock for is interested,we,they have access to plenty of logs,I got the mill,they have trucks plus a use for the rind boards. Sounds like win win to me .
   See I told Y'all I'm gonna be rich,alot more footage a day cutting ties than2x4s
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

FiremanEd

Quote from: WH_Conley on June 07, 2005, 09:06:01 PM
At the risk of sounding simple, wife says not much risk, What is the difference in a subway cross tie and a regular cross tie? ???

We asked the same thing when he came by, I forget the deminision, I think they're 6x8 x 10'4". Something like that. And they have to be perfectly square, no wain, no shake, no defects at all. But he's not paying any more than cross ties and wonders why he can't get them... :-X
AccuTrac Electric Edger

FiremanEd

Quote from: KDEC19 on June 07, 2005, 10:51:22 PM
How about in connecticut area for these ties to sell.  Does anyone know of a market here in the northeast. We could saw and deliver.

I don't think BPB is up that far north but Koppers should have a buyer in that area. Give them a call at their main number.  www.koppers.com
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Duncan

Yeah this sounds right down my alley any buyers in Pac NW?
Kelly

Ron Wenrich

Koppers and Burke-Parsons are the main players.  But, there are quite a few smaller tie buyers.  In PA, you also have Mellott and there was a company called H P McGinley.  McGinley has changed hands, but are still buying ties.

The best thing to do is to check with your state forestry dept.  They usually know who is buying ties in their state or a surrounding state. 

Conneticut should be able to haul to the Koppers plant near Williamsport, PA. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

smwwoody

Those subway crooss ties are  6 1/4" X 10" X 10' 4".  the way I see it you have to make too much lumber to make one.  and with the way lumber prices are we are much better off leaving it in as big a cant as possable.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!