iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've got to have some hydraulics

Started by gator gar, August 12, 2010, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

Is open center the same as open loop??? I'm looking at the 3 stage open center stackable valve bodies. There are open center, closed center and one that just shows the whole 3 lever valve set that doesn't state either or, but is design for 2 stage. Which one do I get???

jamesamd

open center valves,P is open to T ,untill You divert the flow by shifting a control valve.

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

gator gar

Quote from: jamesamd on August 17, 2010, 09:12:37 PM
open center valves,P is open to T ,untill You divert the flow by shifting a control valve.

Jim

Anyone want to translate what this ol boy is saying to me??? I just changed out my hot water heater, but that is about the extent of me diverting some fluid. How about  Pi r squared, will that give me a circumfrence or something??? Where is pineywoods, I need someone who speaks redneck.

sdunston

Here are some photo's of my converision

Hope these help
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

sgschwend

I believe he is suggesting in a stacked control valve set you would want open center, the center returns to reservoir unless you push a control valve lever.  When the lever is pushed the hydraulic fluid is diverted to the load.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

gator gar

Quote from: sgschwend on August 17, 2010, 09:39:30 PM
I believe he is suggesting in a stacked control valve set you would want open center, the center returns to reservoir unless you push a control valve lever.  When the lever is pushed the hydraulic fluid is diverted to the load.

The P and T thing is throwing me off. Is that Port and tank??? Power and Tank???

gator gar

Quote from: Buck on August 14, 2010, 08:04:17 PM
Gar, I'm in DeRidder, la.  If it would help come get measurements and ideas form my lt-40.  i also have a valve body i salvaged from controls of a hydraulic boom mower I will share with you.  I think it has 5 valves in the bank. My 40 is stock hydraulics from woodmizer.  I do have a friend close by that added the loader in a clamp on kit from WM. If nothing else come thru here on the way to see Pineywoods.  Maybe you could get some good from my salvage

Buck, thanks for the offer. I'm sure enough liable to come see ya. I worked at Westvaco for about a month in DeRidder running some steam tracing for them. You're not that far down the road from me.

Thank You Sponsors!