iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

College football

Started by Texas Ranger, September 14, 2010, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTired

Alabama beats in-state rival Auburn!

Texas A&M defeats LSU!
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

rusticretreater

I went to see James Madison throttle #23 Coastal Carolina today 47-7 to win the Sun Belt Conference East Division. Its JMU's first season at FBS level so they aren't allowed to play in the conference title game against Troy or go to a bowl game.  They say you have to wait four years.  Stupidity and ROBBERY!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

JD Guy

Quote from: SawyerTed on November 26, 2022, 05:33:05 PM
South Carolina beat #8 Clemson!  Barely! WOW!

Since it is "rivalry week " NCSU beat #17 North Carolina!  

What do you call a pretty girl on NC State's campus?

Lost!
Yeah, being a Clemson fan I just couldn't like this 😁, but sending my $ to NCSU for one son's tuition I liked that outcome 😉.

SawyerTed

The Appalachian State versus Georgia Southern game was an exciting one!  Those two teams pull all the stops when they play.  It didn't turn out as I'd like but what a game!

Of course my alma mater, East Carolina squeaked by Temple.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

JD Guy

My other tuition $ went to App State for older son  :D :D. Both boys to NC schools, where did I go wrong  :P :P

Just Kidding, the respective courses of study was the driving factor and both did well and are both extremely productive members of society and good men so "money well spent"  8)

SawyerTed

ECU x 4 degrees wife and I 
UNC Wilmington oldest daughter x 1 degree
NCSU son x 1 degree 
UNCG youngest x 1 degree
UNCG wife   1 PhD

My Dad went to Duke
My Father In Law went to UNC Chapel Hill
Mother In Law to Appalachian State 

We just cheer for whichever NC team is playing. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Walnut Beast

The Huskers have the longest sellout streak in college football since 1962 that still remains intact. There is no fan base like the Huskers! Name me a stadium that would remain sold out with a loosing record since 2016.

Huskers new coach Matt Rhule will be in the top ten of highest paid coaches at nine million a year for eight years.

The Huskers are hungry to win!!

Sedgehammer

Glad Alabama isn't in the playoffs

Wisconsin looks like they got a good coach finally . Chryst was a joke @ pitt and finally ran the badger football program into the ground 
Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

Wow! Utah crashed USC little party!!

Lincoln Riley was brought in at 10 million 10 year deal so this would stop happening 

YellowHammer

Maybe Alabama isn't in the playoffs (still a chance) but considering both losses amounted to a total of 2 plays and 2 seconds combined, they could have easily been ranked number 1 with zero losses.  A sudden death play with no time on the clock, and an end zone pass with 2 seconds left in the game resulted in two losses.  It happens, but the rumors of Alabama's demise are premature.

Either way, I am convinced Georgia will take the trophy, so SEC will still rule.  Go SEC and Roll Tide!  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Walnut Beast

Is YH getting excited! How about them Wildcats! WOW! What a game but they say TCU might not drop out since tight hard fought game and only one loss now! 

YellowHammer

👍 now we wait and see what the committee says...
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Jeff

MICHIGAN REARS IT'S HEAD FROM THE GLATIATED NORTH
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Walnut Beast

Watch the Colorado Buffaloes!! Prime Time is their new coach!! 

Cedarman

The Spoilermakers when unranked have beaten more #1 and #2 teams 4 more times than any other team.  I wished they could have made it 5.  Good luck Jeff
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WV Sawmiller

Sorry but I have to root for the Dawgs and the SEC if just for WDH.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

customsawyer

Some good and some not so good football was played yesterday. All I can say is GO DAWGS.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JD Guy

Well, the UT- CLEMSON game didn't have the results that I was hoping for but still a 11-3 season, and there's always next year. Go Tigers!

Looking forward to CFP championship game with TCU and Georgia, should be interesting! Since I don't have a dog (DAWG) in the fight :D, can just watch and enjoy  8)

JD Guy

Quote from: customsawyer on January 01, 2023, 07:51:13 AM
Some good and some not so good football was played yesterday. All I can say is GO DAWGS.
Congratulations  8)

quilbilly

As a fan of the correct Dawgs, UW, that is. It was a fun season. 11-2 after going 4-8 and we return almost everyone. If the Pac didn't get rid of divisions they would've played USC instead of Utah. After the bowl results it's hard to argue UW wasn't the best Pac team. A UW vs PSU game would've been fun. A rematch of a few rose bowls ago. 

If you look at records, it was definitely a case of a good loss with no bad ones, is better than good wins with a bad loss. PSU had no top 25 wins going into the rose bowl. Just crazy.
a man is strongest on his knees

Ron Wenrich

Being a Penn State grad, I liked the Rose Bowl this year.  We were pretty concerned about Utah.  Its been an entertaining year in college ball.  Tulane and TCU certainly turned things around.  Hopefully the championship game will be as entertaining as many of the bowl games were this year.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

customsawyer

8) 8) 8) 8)
In the words of Forest Gump "That's all I have to say about that".
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

SEC - There is no substitute.  
YellowHammerisms:

Thank You Sponsors!