iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Dail's Saturday Adventure

Started by dail_h, January 18, 2004, 03:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

This weekend was my weekwnd off,and the wife 'n youngan was off on a church trip,so methinks I'll do some Dail stuff. First order of buisness is call buddy ,to see if he is free----yep,oh boy.
   # 1 Meet at 6:30,and leave his van,ya can't put much stuff in a nice family van;then we take off to one of the local Ruitan club's annual consignment auctions.Breakfast on the way.Waddn't much there,seemed to be a clean out your shelter junk sale, I only bought 3 small things ,a cast iron dutch oven that had two tobacco barn burners with it. Them burners is next to impossible to find now and these were in perfect condition.Next I bought one of them yard vacume thingys with the big bag on the back. Buddy says why in the ----- did you buy that,I would of thought it would have been plain to anybody with walking around sense   mobile sawdust vacume system,. Next was a twenty ton hyd press. As he didn't see nuthin he wanted to bid on we left.
   #2 On the way back we passed a farm that had a partialy dismanteled broiler house,so naturaly we HAD to stop. After knocking on several doors,located owners wife and got phone #.. Continued journy.
   #3 As it was still early my buddy says lets go to Va to this new tool store he found ,so we'er off.Turns out to be a Harbor Freight store. Wow are they nice boy shoooooeeee!!!!They are everything that Northern wasn't . While they didn't have as much heavy stuff sa Northern, Their prices a SERVICE were much better. Given time I think their selection will improve
   #4 Time for food again,so I like to try different stuff so we decided on Indian ,very good, but spicy . Came home some tv and to bed. Life is good.
   Shoot,I almost forgot,called the guy with the chicken house trusses a while ago, 11 steel 40 ft sidewall ,roof trusses for $70 each. Did I do ok?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

Sounds like a great day, Dail.  Ain't it nice to have the place to yerself, once in a while?
My wife left on a trip at 6am this morning, and I immediately switched the tv to the Black channel, my favorite. You know, the channel where you hit the little button and the screen goes black! ;D  'Bout 830, my buddy, Jim, got here and we headed to the deep dark woods to get the last of the juniper logs I bought. Today was supposed to be crappy, weather-wise, but turned out beautiful; bright and sunny with temps near 80! ;D  Chainsaw lost a bolt that holds the housing around the pull cord, so I had to finish the limbing with the axe. Boy, I worked up a good sweat doing that!
Stopped for gas and a chicken box at the "Hogly Wogly" store in Hosford Fl. Piggly Wiggly sued Hogly Wogly a number of years ago, over the name, but Hogly Wogly prevailed and built a whole chain of stores with the proceeds. :D  They do got some good fried chicken!
Came home and relaxed a bit, then straightened up the log yard with the Hootiemobile.
Can't believe that life's gonna be like this all the time, after just 8 more work days! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stan

Well you're short enough now that I can let you in on the secret. You've only got one more set of days off, for your whole life.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

DR Buck

:D :D

Dail,

What did it cost you to get out of Harbor Freight????   I'm a "preferred" customer.   The new store in Woodbridge (only one in VA) is good and bad.  The bad is now that they have a store in VA I have to pay sales tax even for mail order.  @*&&&^$#  !

The 'GOOD' is the store is about a mile from the daughter's house and when we go visit the grand kids it's just a required stop.   In fact tomorrow morning (holiday from the regular job) I'm making a Harbor Freight run.  Need to get a new cement mixer and they got just what I need.   Will probably come away with a few other goodies while I'm there.

DR Buck
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

VA-Sawyer

there's one in Richmond, VA as well.  Guess that makes at least 3 in Virginia. Also have 2 Northern stores that I know about here.  If neither brand has what you want, you probably didn't need it anyways.  ;D

VA-Sawyer

dail_h

Only spent about $35,got 4 pair of work suspenders ,and a coupla other small items. But I did see some things that I'm going back for after I get my mill.
      Volume Discount At ER

Frank_Pender

Hey Dail, you done good on the trusses. 8)
Frank Pender

dail_h

Got everything unloaded today,press works good,only had to put some oil in it,vacume started and ran on second pull after setting outside in the rain Sat.night 'n yesterday. Got a pot of taters"n onions "ncarrots 'nbeef 'n mushrooms done already in the dutch oven ;D
      Volume Discount At ER

Thank You Sponsors!