iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Mill Is Finally Home

Started by 038magnum, August 21, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

038magnum

Marty brought it to me Friday afternoon. I was like a father expecting a newborn. All week I got very little sleep. I bet I sawed 100,000 board feet of lumber this week dreaming when I did sleep.
He got here about 4:00 and showed me how to set up the mill, and then we went at it until dark. He said that he would have gotten here earlier but right when he was getting ready to leave someone came in and bought a mill. I found out the next day that he did not get back home until 1:30am. It must have been all that money that I gave him for the mill and other toys that kept him awake on the way back home.
Marty has been very nice and patient with me in the 4 years that I have been researching and deciding on Wood-Mizer. I am happy that I bought it from him and I think he will take care of me and my mill. He has a class coming up in November for sawmill owners and I am going to take it. I think he along with Wood-Mizer really care about the success of the sawmill owners as well as their mills.
This is one nice mill! The joystick controls do everything! The fine adjustment outriggers make setup so easy. I could go on and on about what I like about this mill. So here are some pics.

I just want to say thank you to everyone that has giving input to my posts as well as the ones on here that I have personally talked to. If it were not for your feedback as well as other posts on this forum I probably would not be undertaking this adventure. I know it is going to be fun! One cannot begin to describe the feeling you get when for years you would waste trees by cutting them up into firewood, not getting the full benefit of that tree. Now you can get so much more out of it when you look at that lumber you cut.     

Magicman

Well congratulations are in order and happy sawing days ahead.   smiley_thumbsup  I had to really squint to see the pixs.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mikeb1079

congrats!  you gotta remind me what model didja get?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

038magnum

Sorry! Technical difficulties. I will figure this out one day.
Nice comeback Magic Man. We always get a laugh whe you are on here.

Delawhere Jack

I touched your mill before you did! :) Nanny-nanny-boo-boo!!! ;D It was in Marty's shop when I went out to look at mine.

Man, that is a BIG MILL!!! :o And it's still Orange......

I notice you haven't posted in a few days, I figured you're having fun with your new toy.....I totally understand.

NOW GET MILLING!! :D

Magicman

You did it, and what a nice bright shiny gal it is.  Congrats on the pixs too.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Delawhere Jack

Can see the pics now. Judging by the sawdust pile, you've milled about 500-700 bf...........

WHAT ARE YA WAITIN' FOR, GET BUSY! :D

Did I mention that is a BIG MILL?

mad murdock

Congrats On the mill! Very nice ! Christmas came early this year, eh?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

customsawyer

Congrats. That looks one fine mill. Does it have the 55hp Yanmar engine?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I agree nice mill,where are you going to put all that sawdust .Wish you were closer ,I'd like to try those joy sticks.Now you need a sharpener and setter ,then you can put on that other thinking cap.good luck al
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

Nice! Congratulations. Get a chair to sit on & watch your helpers run around! 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

drobertson

Nice mill 038! happy for you man,makes me want one.  lots of folks are kinda drueling right about now. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MotorSeven

WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

thecfarm

Sawmill envy all the way.  ;D Have fun !!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Sweet!

Marty to me is one of our most valuable members, we're lucky to have him on here.  :)

Leigh Family Farm

VERY nice mill! Not just drooling but jealous as well. Also, glad to know that someone else took a long time to purchase a mill, but hopefully I will get under your 4 year mark!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

WoodenHead

That is a very nice mill.  Drool, drool, drool...   :)  I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that!  But after 4 years of waiting you deserve it too.

John_Haylow

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

drobertson

There will be not much you can't cut with this mill. And the best part is the mill has the ability to drag back a
7X9 tie!  I have seen these run, and they can get it done.  If I had to do it over I would have went with the 70. This being said, the super 40 is still a good one,  have a great week,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MartyParsons

Hello,
    Hey we all add to this community. I am blessed to be part of it. I learn as much from all of you as you learn from me.

38 is a great student.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

bugdust

Double ditto Norm, you nailed Marty perfectly.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

JVK

Very nice mill! I like the new stretch head. I attended the open house of the new WM dealer here on Vancouver Island and asked them about this new option. No such thing they said. After seeing the pics, I beg to differ.

I see you can move the control station from one end or the other. What is the advantage to operating from the tail light end?

haywire woodlot

Hey, JVK. Can you tell me more about the new Vancouver Island rep? How did you hear about the open house? I've just got off the Tug after a two week trip so I'm a little out of the loop. I've never had any trouble dealing with the guys in salmon arm, but I wouldn't mind dealing with some one closer to home, not to mention saving on shipping costs. Is the new rep in parksville?

Congrats on the new Iron, 038!
Dave

JVK

Dave, I got an e-mail from WM a month ago about the new rep. Pat and Jay Moore of Declan Industries. 1124 Clarke Rd, Qualicum Beach, BC   250.752.3994

Gary from Salmon Arm was there and was a good turnout. These guys are really into making blades and offer a sharpening service as well. They use the WM silvertip roll stock and do secret things to the blades to make them superior somehow.

haywire woodlot

Thanks for the information, I'll call them today. I need a new brake band and over small misc. for the lt 40.
Dave

Thank You Sponsors!