iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Hydraulics

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 25, 2015, 05:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

There is a big difference between a continuous duty solenoid and one for starting an engine.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

drobertson

This may have been said, if so, sorry for the repeat, when mine went out, in the hyd, box, I was told to ensure the ground was contacting fresh metal. some where connected to the box/frame with paint under the lead.  Later, pretty soon later a bulletin came out explaining this.  When you replace yours check this, most likely there will be instructions describing it.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

When I added the second pump to my mill about a year and a half ago, I ran across a deal on ebay for the exact solenoid sold by WM except that they are double pole.  I bought four for $15 ea.  There are deals to be had out there if you have the time to look.  :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ga Mtn Man

Adding an in-line fuse to the micro-switch will prevent the switch from burning out if the diode across the solenoid coil shorts out.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

barbender

My 97 has live hydraulics anytime the head is on the contact strip.
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: barbender on November 29, 2015, 06:30:00 PM
My 97 has live hydraulics anytime the head is on the contact strip.

Yes but the Solenoid starts and stops the motor / pump.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Yes, a solenoid controls the hydraulic pump, but there is no solenoid controlled by the ignition switch that kills the hydraulics when the key is off.  It is my understanding that this changed in mid '97 when the upgrades were made and the second (key controlled) solenoid was added.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Got it fixed and up and running.
The only thing that threw me a curve was.....the wires on the old Micro Switch wires had a big connector on the Black wire and a small connector on the Blue.

The new Micro Switch wires connectors were reversed. A small connector on the Black wire and a large connector on the Blue wire.

The connector sizes are for the right size bolt hook up. I didn't wanna mess something up so I called WM Georgia and
they said it didn't matter....just fit the correct size connector to the appropriate size bolt and your good to go.
They were right.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats good news David...glad you got it running again.  :)

taylorsmissbeehaven

Thank you for the pictures David. Its nice to see what your talking about. I am new to hydraulics and am eager to learn about this type of stuff before I have to dive in. It may be a little different on the lt 35 but it is still nice to see. Oh yeah, glad your up and running too. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

customsawyer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2015, 07:54:05 AM

Your arm and shoulder is going to be soar later, from patting yourself on the back.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Warning:  Hoof prints may leave scratches on your back!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

I was in the middle of typing you an "atta-a-goat" when the power shut off last night.  It just came back on.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey you bunch of "no paying attention to me old men"......I'll answer my own post.
I talk to myself at the mill all the time. No respect!  :D :D :D

Ga Mtn Man

We are trying our best not to say anything about the blue/black wire confusion. ;D

Ga Mtn Man

Glad you're back up and sawing David.  Thanks for taking the time to post pics.

barbender

Magic, my '97 seems to be an odd mix, it has the always live hydraulics, post '97 frame with the 2 plane clamp, mark 1 debarker, I can't think of what else.
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Quote from: barbender on December 01, 2015, 12:42:58 PMMagic, my '97 seems to be an odd mix, it has the always live hydraulics, post '97 frame with the 2 plane clamp, mark 1 debarker, I can't think of what else.
Sounds like your '97 was caught somewhere in between the good ideas.

Paul, those must be polarized switches that David is getting, but at least we know that he is not color blind.  He knows that black is blue, blue is black, and grass is green.   :D   :D 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

Paul, He knows that black is blue, blue is black, and grass is green.   :D   :D

....and the rest of it is brown and getting deep.    surfer-smiley

Like Earnest T. Bass says..."I'll getcha ......I'll getcha all".   :D :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: customsawyer on December 01, 2015, 08:45:01 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2015, 07:54:05 AM

Your arm and shoulder is going to be soar later, from patting yourself on the back.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2015, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

Paul, He knows that black is blue, blue is black, and grass is green.   :D   :D

....and the rest of it is brown and getting deep.    surfer-smiley

Like Earnest T. Bass says..."I'll getcha ......I'll getcha all".   :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nomad

I thought about tossing my hat into the ring here, but it sounds like POSTON's got y'all surrounded.  I hate a losing battle, so I'll just sit back and  smiley_ignore.   ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

Goats need to chew their cud.   ;D

4x4American

What I'm hung up on is how do you hold/turn your mechanics tools with goat hoofs?  ???
Boy, back in my day..

terrifictimbersllc

He saves the rubber bands. ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!