iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Womenz Say We Don't Need Anymore

Started by Corley5, January 05, 2007, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 06, 2007, 09:37:34 PM
It had the Extra Torque arm to.

Torque Amplifier ???  Lever on the left that you pulled back for lower gear without clutching ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Corley,

Have ya ever browsed around through here?

http://tractormuseum.unl.edu/

There is a link to some photo collections and a link to the Nebraska Test Lab for tractors. I was wondering about this when I was looking for links to the 706 IH, the spec sheet kept mentioning a Nebraska Test date. Well, there ya go. Learnt something new, that's the only place they officially test tractors in the US.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

All because of the Ford tractor  ;) ;D :)

SwampDonkey

I think some of those 706 IH's were also made in Germany.

A lot of the Manuals, ya can get off Amazon.com (links at TractorData.com)

I'm d/l'n the museum brochure from the site, gonna be an all nighter. ;D

Best tractor I liked was the Deere 4230 (I think ???). Hydrostatic shift, didn't need to use the clutch unless ya wanted to stop quick. Traded it on a new one that was in the shop more than in the field.  ::)

Corley5

The later models made here in the US had a German diesel engine.  It had a little more displacement, HP, and a different injection system.

Thank You Sponsors!