iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guess what I'm having for breakfast....

Started by 2bearslumber, December 17, 2004, 04:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I also like apple cinnamon or nut-n-honey cheerios. ;D with sliced up nanners
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I like some of those cereals too.  But, they are so-o-o expensive.  I can eat 2 or three bowls and still be hungry by 10 AM.    

My favorite has to be  "N" Shredded Wheat Biscuits.  Granddaddy ate them.  

Charlie and I would watch the ceremony that he performed when he prepared the two biscuits in his bowl and it made us want them too.  

Grandmomma would tell us, "Boys, that's n adult cereal.  It' too coarse for little boys".  

"Shucks!",  I wanted some Shredded Wheat.  

I'm sure that she was just looking out for Granddaddy's cereal so that he would have some.

Guess what I bought when I got married and moved out of the house.  A Box of Shredded Wheat.

Grandmomma was right.

ohsoloco

I had to stop eating captain crunch when I no longer needed my retainer, which acted as armor for the roof of my mouth.  That stuff cuts it up pretty bad  :(  I was just shopping the other week and discovered a new treat, peanut butter toast crunch  ;D

SwampDonkey

Surely you folks have heard of taters down south. No one ever starved on boiled taters, brook trout or salmon with fresh spring fiddleheads. :D You can grow taters where corn won't even grow in cooler climates. ;) Now let's not take that to the extreme, cause we sure can't grow stuff at -10 F ;D, but we can ice fish. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Hey jeff that's right up there with Rice Crispies, Shreaded WHeat, spoon of honey and a topping of sliced nanners. ;D That's me weekend breakfast dish. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I'm not partial to trout cheaks, sounds desparate to me. ;) I'll dig out me left over lobster to make a couple lobster rolls thanks. Tastes dang good to me.  :)

2bearslumber

Ah SwampDonkey, you're my kind of people. Nothing beats fried potaotes with crab apple jelly, fiddleheads, and while I'm not partial to fish, I love to go catch them! Fiddleheads sort of smell like fish though, ever notice that?

When the fiddleheads are ready (right around Mother's Day here) I cook up a big mess of them along with some buttermilk biscuits. And that's my official "first fiddleheads of the season" meal. (It's ok to put molasses on your biscuits when eating fiddleheads, but I prefer just plain butter.)

SwampDonkey

My stomach's growling in response, don't know if ya can here it. :D

sprucebunny

Is that a friendly growl  ???

Chewy has seen a lobster or two but is really more interested in bait ;)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

etat

Shucks, my Viennas of choice used to be Red Bird Imitation Vienna Sausage.  They used to be lots cheaper than the other brands and was a little bit milder taste. They was just kinda throwed in the can.  I remember when they was 20 cents a can.  I liked em.  The fact is them ingredients in them was about all of the above stuff mentioned, and maybe then some.  If ya ever read the ingredients they used about ever part of the animal you couldn't use somewhere else, pork and chicken included.

I don't like the Red Birds near as good as I used to.  Now they are just like other vienna's and are packed neater in the little can.  Just ain't the same as when they used to throw everything in there.

However, I do have a question that I just can't get out of my mind.  And that's getting back to them trout cheeks.  Considering how I'm usually a pretty good eater I was just a wandering how many of em it would take to make a meal.  Not that I'll ever get my hands on that many, ain't no trout around here.  Mostly bass, brim, crappie, and of course catfish.  But, I was just a wandering.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Timber_Framer

Well if he's gettin cheeks froma comercial fisherman it should take much time to get a meal of them. Good ones are  abit bigger tehn a quarter.
Trout season reopens after the first of the year for lakes inside the BWCAW so that's where I'll be on the 2nd of January...I'll be on the couch all day on the 1st 8)

I have an area south of my house that's about threea cres that is full of fiddle heads! Butter, garlic and lemon juice is how I fix and I can't think of much that goes better with FHs then those tasty little speckled trout!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Furby

Yep, peanutbutter capt. crunch!  8)
Them lucky charms get mushy WAY too fast!

Course I did have bacon, eggs, and a grease fried bagel the other morning.  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!