iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cool gift ideas for boys!  Wish I was still a kid!

Started by Paschale, December 17, 2004, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

My brother sent these over for ideas for my nephews.  This is cool stuff!

I think we're going to buy this "fun ride deluxe."  You string the thing between a couple of trees down a hill, and you're off!  It looks like this is one place where you can actually still find toys for boys that allow boys to be boys!   :)

http://www.visionforum.com/boysadventure/productlist.aspx?categoryid=23
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Phorester

Norm

sawguy21

Don't think I better show my 13 yr old godson this one. He's got enough ideas of his own.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

Ya mean you have never been on a zip line before Paschale???

DanG, the water ones are the most fun! ;)

It does look like a cool site.

WV_hillbilly

I already got the " Backyard Ballistics "  book .  It has some interesting projects to build and use . A few of my neighbors aren't as enthusiastics as we are though . They have really cool stuff on there  . It is refreshing to see that it doesn't have anything  to do with video games .

What do you mean  "wish you was still a kid . " Your only as old as you want to be .  Just ask my wife how old her kids are  ?  She will say 35 , 6 , and 4 ,  ;D
Hillbilly

Tom

Whatever you do, take into consideration the age of the child that you let use that device, because, a fellow doesn't heal as good when he gets a little age on him. ;D

Paschale

That reminds of last Christmas, when I was definitely being a kid, sledding with my brothers and their kids in my brother's backyard.  I was heading fast down the hill, and two of my brothers were right in my line of fire.  They jumped out of the way, just in the nick of time.  But they were standing right in front of something that I couldn't see:  a bush.   :-/  I slammed into the main trunk of that big ole bush, right on my left shoulder, full tilt, with no time to react at all.   Now, that knocked the wind right outta me, and hurt like crazy!  Wowsa!   :o  It took me a little while to heal from that, but it was a ton of fun!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

Paschale,
I guess I'm going to have to take you over to the hill by my parents place.
It is a foot/skiing path, lined with trees, but we sled on it also. There are three turns, and at the bottom is a bridge that you hit perfect, stop before ya get there, or get wet!  ;) ;D

It's about 200 yards long, but you can't see more then about 150' of it at any given point, lots of FUN! ;D

WV_hillbilly

It takes a few days to get better after being stoved up like that but boy was it fun . The last time I went tubin I hurt for a few days . There was a ramp on the lower end of the tube  hill . Everyone was tired , and I wanted to go again . So I give our 6 man tube a kick and hopped on . I  was goin real fast and hit the jump dead center . Next thing I knew the tube was gone from under me ,then I was doin a handstand ,and then arms and legs flailing out of control while I was rolling down the hill  . Eventually I ended up on my back with the wind knocked out of me and some kids on the next tube hit me in the head , pushing me another 25 feet down the hill .  When I finally got up I finished walking to the bottom of the hill and told my buddies to bring the truck down around on the road to pick me up .  It took a few to get over that one .

But the kids want to go now and we are supposed to get 3" of snow tommorrow and Sunday .    
Hillbilly

sawguy21

WV, I feel yur pain. Done similar things. We had a steep pipeline right of way that crossed a driveway. It was great fun to jump the snowbank and clear the road but then we had to bail real quick. There was a fence, an embankment and the tracks. We also tried truck hoods, the real heavy kind, but they would spin and then the corners dug in flipping us off. You ever wear a 53 Chev pickup hood?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Percy

;D ;D ;D ;DGlad to see Im not the only old fool about these days ;D ;D ;D ;D
When I was about 13, we found a pretty big old grader tire that two of us could get into.A third friend?? :D got us rolling down the hill......not funnny...well mebey just a little...we got going so fast that the G forces kept me pinned to the wall of the tire, the skin on my face seemed like it was pullin toward my ears. WE were kinda outa balance and the tire was bangin up and down as it rolled. Luckey we didnt get killed. When it finnaly rolled to a stop, me and Glenn hurled for about a hour strait. Dumbest thing I ever did ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

leweee

Percy... LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D...that belongs in the" funny stories" thread. :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

OneWithWood

Well, DanG!  I guess I will never grow up.  I am still a kid, just got bigger toys ;D ;D ;D

Some days I hurt so much I am just comfortably numb :D :D ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WV_hillbilly

Sawguy & Percy I have never been brave  enough to try those ones .  But it makes me cringe just thinkin about the possibilities  .
Hillbilly

Furby

Percy

QuoteDid the tire thing!  ;D
Issat you Glenn?? ;D ;D ;D

rebocardo

I hope they have a BIG warning in the package not to tie the cable tree trunk to tree trunk. That would make for a rough landing.

redpowerd

we had one running over the creek, took us about a week to hook it up, and was only used once, after my brother came out of the water covered with leeches, no-one wanted to touch it! ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Stephen_Wiley

I love this thread.........reminds me of:

In my early 30's my cousin and I decided to tube up on Mt. Hood. We spent the morning taking long runs. Before we headed to the Lodge.

The new Timberline Lodge had been built the previous summer and all of the excavated soil was stacked along side the building.

My cousin an avid skier, did not like the looks of this short run I was convincing him would be fun.  I exclaimed: " Doug,.....its just real big moguls.  He responded with:  'Steve....your crazy, you do it and if you survive I will try it."

Realizing I finally got some form of committment... I headed down...........got airborne several times making full 360's coming down and proceed backwards into a 44"dbh Douglas-fir. (Managed to get the tube to take some of the shock).  Got up and proclaimed victory. Hollering for Doug to come down. After much convincing that I would stop him from encoutering the DF he came down..........unlike me he was headed face first towards the tree, so I through my body into the tube knocked him 20 feet away and knocked the wind out of both of us.  Think I may have banged up some ribs too. All in good fun.
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Percy

QuoteAfter much convincing that I would stop him from encoutering the DF he came down..........unlike me he was headed face first towards the tree, so I through my body into the tube knocked him 20 feet away and knocked the wind out of both of us.  Think I may have banged up some ribs too. All in good fun.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DJUst plain goofy ;D ;D ;D ;DYou are a man of your word though Steve, Id go tubin with ya any time.....maybe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Furby

Nope Percy, I'm not Glenn! ;D
I got into my dad's pickup truck tire, and let my brother roll it. Not good, not good at all!  ::)

Rebo,
The trick is to have a big sag in the end just before the tree, it slows ya down and let's ya touch the ground with your feet.
The school yard across the street from my grandparents place, had a couple of short ones. They were run to a 6x6 anchored real good, with tires stacked up, with6x6 in the middle.

Thank You Sponsors!