iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this dang white stuff???

Started by GareyD, December 19, 2004, 11:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

Looked out the window...this is what I saw...is this that stuff called snow....I'm really scairt now

Must be one o' dem blizzard thangs....

Does this mean I gotta stop eatin' grits....and....start fishin' on the ice, 'stead of puttin' it in my tea...and...picklin' mah bahhloney...and....

Afore I get snowed in, I guess I oughta go to the store and stock up on milk and eggs and bread and GRITS
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

SwampDonkey

Welcome to the great white north, less the grits. ;) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

woke up to a couple of flakes the other mornin, too. ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

SwampDonkey

Must be dehydrated potato flakes guys. Did the nearby processing plant spring a leak? ;) :D

cheers

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

What is this dang white stuff?? THats the same thing I said when I looked at the inside of our new door a little bit ago.

Any guesses what this is on the inside of the door?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Hmmmmmmm-m--m     Could be a spot of grits.

No!

I'll bet is a spot of paint designating that the door is a reject and shouldn't have left the factory.  It will probably fall apart in 3 years 2 months 16 days, 3 hours and 52 seconds.

Being white like that though, it might be a government "bug".  You haven't ticked off any FBI or CIA types lately have you? :-/ :)

SwampDonkey

Looks like they went a little light on the glue with the particle board. ;D That's my guess and I'm stick'n too it. ;)  :D :D :D

beenthere

Looks like 'jack' frost to me.

Is there some hardware on the outside bringing the cold into the inside of the door?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Some of them there doors ain't ment for all weather. ;D

Jeff

QuoteLooks like 'jack' frost to me.

Is there some hardware on the outside bringing the cold into the inside of the door?

Bingo. There is a brass stud that goes through the door to anchor the bottom of the outside thumb latch. A brass round headed screw holds the thing from the inside.  The cold is conducting into the inside and frosting up the head.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Well!   If that don't just frost ya.

We don't have that problem.  Must be a different kind of brass on the door. ;D

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D Don't turn the air conditioning up too high Tom :D :D :D. We'll be lookin in the camp from the outside and see'n frostys on that white beard. :D :D

cheers

redpowerd

yep, DanG cold here, too. -23.8 last i checked. time to plug in the tractor. frosty frosty.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Norm

Hey Jon when did ya get the picture postin thing figured out?

redpowerd

i do have it figgered out, dont i?
oh, about the same time my old pc seized up, lol.i think i owe some weddin pics now, shucks.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Buzz-sawyer

Yea Jon
and how come we aint seen more of em ;D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

redpowerd

for some reason my computer wont read the card that i have all of them matrimonial pics on, shucks. heres our first blanket, a few weeks ago.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

breederman

Momma Mia ! I thought it was cold here,it never got to 0 today. One of my doughters is thinking about going to college in Plattsburg.Think I'll have another talk with that girl. ;D
Together we got this !

isawlogs

We have about 20 inchs of that white stuff.
 Got up this morning and the thermometre was hiding down at -27 fahrenheit , stayed home and fed my stove. ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!