iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off dimension boards

Started by giant splinter, July 02, 2012, 02:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giant splinter

Found a project for the lumber that just is not quite within size specifications such as the bottom boards from a cant.
rather than cut some stickers out of them I came up with an alternative plan ...... build a tree fort for my grandsons. https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=116293#top_display_media
Hmmmm looks like I need to go back and figure out how to get the photo to land here rather than a link. I hit the click here to add photos to post.
But I must have missed something along the way.

Photo added by Admin

roll with it

grweldon

That's pretty cool!  I hope you did research for attachment points to trees.  The "artificial limb" is the preferred method.  It consists of a sliding mount on a large diameter screw/shaft.  It's about the only method to allow for tree movement/growth and doesn't kill the trees.  The natural growth and movement of the trees will pull out lag screws from your joists/stringers.  In any case... it's a great looking structure!  I'm sure you kids will love it!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!