iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's the difference on my 460 Mag??

Started by FarmallTom, November 30, 2011, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmallTom

The 460 I bought last Winter had a cracked (bar?) cover on the right side but it wasn't really hurting much so I just used it as-was.
This summer, I decided to fix it and ordered a replacement.  To my disappointment, the new Stihl part is not the same as the original.
My old one had a longer "skirt" along the bottom and the rubber chain guard was longer as well. (it stuck out the bottom a couple of inches)
I saw an ad the other day for a 460 and they seller mentioned that it had the PNW package.
The description was vague but it kinda sounded like what mine was like.
What's the difference(s) and what's the deal..??

Also, where can I get the "right" cover?  My local dealer (the True Value store  ::) ) could not find it...

-FT

Cut4fun

Yep they make 2 covers long and short for stihl. 066 etc too.

Dave Shepard

I think the PNW, or West Coast package is a 3/4 wrap handle and a bigger oil pump.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

FarmallTom

Hmmm....
Mine has a 3/4 wrap as well...
It also came from the PNW area, for whatever that's worth...
Perhaps I got a little somethin' extra and didn't even know it at the time..??  ???

So - again, where would I go about getting the RIGHT cover for a West Coast package 460?

TIA
-FT

JohnG28

If you search for Stihl IPLs here there is an old thread with links to most Stihl saws.  If the link still works you can find the part number for the larger cover on the IPL.  Not bad to save too so you can find any part number for your saw.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

JohnG28

After a check on my computer I have a copy of the IPL for the 460.  The part # for the larger clutch cover is 1122 648 0401.  That is just the side cover, for the rubber guard piece the part # is 1122 656 1510.  Take those numbers to your dealer and they can get the part.  I have dealt with an Ace dealer before and they couldn't find a part either, but soon as I went home and looked it up they pulled the part right up. ::) If you need the IPL for the saw PM me and I can email it to you. ;)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

FarmallTom

Quote from: JohnG28 on December 01, 2011, 07:35:28 AM
After a check on my computer I have a copy of the IPL for the 460.  The part # for the larger clutch cover is 1122 648 0401.  That is just the side cover, for the rubber guard piece the part # is 1122 656 1510.  Take those numbers to your dealer and they can get the part.  I have dealt with an Ace dealer before and they couldn't find a part either, but soon as I went home and looked it up they pulled the part right up. ::) If you need the IPL for the saw PM me and I can email it to you. ;)

Hey, John,
I messaged you a couple days ago.
Thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't noticed it.

Thanks,
-FT

JohnG28

I just got back to you.  Check your PM and email. 8)

FarmallTom

Thanks again, John.
That helped a lot!  ;)

-FT

Thank You Sponsors!